Airport Diagrams - March 2014 Additions and Updates

3/1/14 Airport Diagrams

New:

ETIC Grafenwohr AAF - Grafenwohr, Germany

y4mlgX4w-P6z3kPc3jTT7brFVycia8EOQB5BjNaw

KIBM Kimball Mun/Arraj - Kimball, Nebraska - US

y4mfZMY3Q1YDY_SnIaNqHrYqa5vwplQr5I8ETjYZ

Updated:

KDAY Cox-Dayton Intl - Dayton, Ohio - US (2 plates) (updated)

y4m9fA-uYXuIZjusHExdUfsZXt1v-jE_6ydh-nCl

y4mwXUXVMj7qcfziyMUNbnvxWjltD4hTM_ydjARU

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,758; downloads 2,798; subscribers 18

The two new ones today are both rather smallish - non-towered, no ILS, etc.

The update, KDAY in Dayton, is a fix of an overlooked Cat III runway designation. The mini-ILS table in that one has been corrected.

I hope everyone is having a look at Tim Arnot's new version 3.1 of Plan-G.

John

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If you'd like to subscribe (free) and have all new and updated airport diagram files e-mailed to you, contact me at allardjd@earthlink.net with a Subject Line of "Airport Diagram Subscription".

3/2/14 Airport Diagrams

New:

EINC Newcastle - Newcastle, Ireland

y4mkhWDWbu4Uiy_b0fUbGHuqZdCnP8WGAhbIjK4s

LTCG Trabzon - Trabzon, Turkey

y4mxc15uLDV2xahD64f29KJKTc2AeIdNvpLMQ-oK

KENW Kenosha Regl - Kenosha, Wisconsin - US (2 plates)

y4mPRp256nZs4JPjUKr8mgcOauuEKjxnvVVDm4XP

y4ms2GIFHihCIFCOkovOXA8wJUoMcnEq5FMiBOVo

Updated:

EDDP Leipzig-Halle - Leipzig-Halle, Germany (updated)

y4m6Riv3KiLRXR2kl0bQcM5itpXQQLXGjXXAOGMK

y4m7i_7DxQsZ3ygR_bebAYjY3zqdQ-Q1reXXDSKZ

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,781; downloads 2,875; subscribers 18

While trolling through my files today making airport bundles I discovered a file for EINC, Newcastle, in Ireland that I'd never uploaded to Mutley's Hangar. It's dated 6/27/11 and is in the older, lower resolution format. I think the subscribers may already have it but not certain. That's why there are three new airports today instead of two.

KENW is the next to last airport on the sequester list. Taxiway labeling drove that one to two plates. One more of those and that list will be history and I'll substitute another. Since that's an exclusively US list and the other three I'm using are world-wide in scope, I'll probably substitute one that has predominantly US airports.

The update, EDDP in Germany, is a fix of three overlooked Cat III runway. That's a two-runway airport with ILSs to all four ends and three of them are Cat IIIs - that's pretty impressive. The mini-ILS table in that one has been corrected. That was the last one on my list of Cat II/Cat III runways that needed corrections. I'll drop back now to two airports per day, including one update every third day.

Tim's Plan-G v3.1 and the introduction of Country Bundles at the MH File Library has really given the downloads a shot in the arm. That's 77 downloads since yesterday's report, which is pretty phenomenal. Most all of them have been country bundles. I should have done Country Bundles a long time ago. I did ten this morning and seeing the way these are moving, got ten more put together and posted tonight. I'm up through Jamaica now, plodding along alphabetically. Australia, Canada, Germany, Ireland, France, Greece, Italy and Iceland all had pretty decent numbers of airports and are in the can and posted. The really big ones, US and UK are still a long ways off. I'll have to slice and dice both of them into many sub-bundles, but still easier for people than getting them one at a time.

John

If you'd like to subscribe (free) and have all new and updated airport diagram files e-mailed to you, contact me at allardjd@earthlink.net with a Subject Line of "Airport Diagram Subscription".

3/3/14 Airport Diagrams

New:

ESKS Strangnas AB - Strangnas, Sweden

y4mdpusMu3tr4xbQA7Tbruz_8GVRb8HZbJacbpFT

ESSU Eskilstuna AB - Eskilstuna, Sweden

y4mQCckIJ2yNj2I92LrxvoeSWmQ8A-7V7VWaq4tn

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,803; downloads 2,930; subscribers 18

The download numbers keep heading north at a good clip, thanks mainly to Tim Arnot's Plan-G V3.1, and maybe a little because the Country Bundles were a good idea. I'd been considering doing that for some time but didn't get off the dime until they were needed to support the diagrams being used in Plan-G without a laborious one-by-one download process. There have been 55 downloads since yesterday's report.

I got a new request list today and these two new airports are the first from that one. Expect to see a lot of Svenskish sounding airport names with high latitudes over the next several days. Only two on the list were already done so I'm going to have to diagram quite a number of them. I'll suspend updates until the request list is done, as usual.

Both of these are air bases and both were absent from my list of military airfields in FS. I can't even remember where I got that list so there's no one to even complain to.

John

3/4/14 Airport Diagrams

New:

ESSC Ekeby - Eskilstuna, Sweden

y4mqd21ka0vpRqfF2_eqNWTwTEOZWl9_BKBetPXJ

ESQO Arboga - Arboga, Sweden

y4mBn-bA6jt1kEqGtwk3vWdQDk0BoxupL3ifxdIt

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,827; downloads 2,949; subscribers 18

The download numbers continue to be the big story as Plan-G users seem to be beating a path to Mutley's Hangar and to the Country Bundle downloads. There were 19 today, down from the past few days but still a good day by any prior standards. I'm pressing as hard as I can to get the airport bundles compiled and posted - they are done up through New Zealand now.

Both of these airports are from the request list I'm working. ESSC is in the same city as one of yesterday's airports, but is decidedly odd. Have a look. Neither is lighted or towered and neither has any instrument approaches published.

John

Thanks for the priority handling John!

Svenskish was an interesting word that I shall have to adopt :thum:  

Some information on ESSC to possibly explain the odd layout. It's a glider only airfield, home to the largest Glider club in Scandinavia, Eskilstuna Flygklubb.  It's also the final destination of the default FSX mission Swedish Championship Soaring Course, a fact that kind of explains why such a small obscure airfield in Sweden is modeled to a fairly high degree of detail.

As for the reason to ESKS and ESSU were missing from your list of military airfields, it could be that who ever compiled it choose to only include airfields that are (or where at the time) active. Both of those were disbanded by the Swedish Airforce long before the release of FSX even though MS chose to name them as airforce bases. ESKS aren't even open for flying anymore, but have rather been converted to a venue for Drag racing. 

It seems MS did a lot of bulk data transferring from FS9 when they put FSX together. I've stumbled over a lot of things in FSX that were out of date even in 2006 when FSX came out.

Not sure Svenskish is a word - I kind of made it up. It would probably make more sense if hyphenated, as in Svensk-ish.

John

Not sure Svenskish is a word - I kind of made it up. It would probably make more sense if hyphenated, as in Svensk-ish.

John

Indeed it would, and it could even pass for Swedish ;)

3/5/14 Airport Diagrams

New:

ESVQ Koping - Koping, Sweden

y4mLLe-apAtpu-2ZILVOqFUby957zh7xS2TnahKU

ESOW Vaesteraas AB - Stockholm, Sweden

y4mW3yjtzwQLHMQxs56-Ngm_nfINVQvbmJN9X6D3

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,889; downloads 2,987; downloads yesterday 38; subscribers 19

After a slower day the day before (19), downloads jumped up again to 38. I've added many new Country Bundles and am, alphabetically speaking, up to the UK. I'll start getting those posted tomorrow. Almost all of the download activity is the new Country Bundles and I feel sure much of that is by users of the new Plan-G v3.1, which can display the airport diagrams directly from within the application.

The two new airport diagrams today are a continuation of the request list of Swedish airports I'm working on. There are enough remaining for about three more days. ESVQ, Koping, is another all-grass field. The other, ESOW is an air base. I published the Country Bundle for Sweden today and these two airports are not yet in it. After all the Country Bundles are posted, I'll take a day and update all the bundles to roll in any airport diagrams I've produced since. I expect that to be a monthly chore.

John

3/6/14 Airport Diagrams

New:

ESCM Uppsala AB - Uppsala, Sweden

y4msDUbvZ1mznyoDUhMvIjfJv_OPUobtQFCpaskQ

ESSN Norrtalje - Norrtalje, Sweden

y4mTdoku0E137VZagOkGI6cYqPPBvKHButdVj3y6

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,895; downloads 3,001; downloads yesterday 14; subscribers 19

This is a continuation of the request list of Swedish airports I'm working through. There are three left on the list after these two, so another couple days should see me through it.

ESSN is pretty bare-bones but does have a paved runway. The other one, ESCM, is a military field and has no buildings except a control tower, but at least has taxiways. This is pretty typical of airbases in FSX - some are better, but many of them get this minimalist treatment in FSX. Often the payware traffic add-ons will dress them up, at least with defined parking spots, which enables traffic. Without that they are generally pretty desolate places.

I got all of the UK airport diagrams posted in the Country Bundles in the MH File Library today - four zips. I expected a flood of downloads for those but so far the dam hasn't broken. The US is next but will, of course, have to be done state by state.

John

3/8/14 Airport Diagrams

New:

ESSE Ska-Edeby - Stockholm, Sweden

y4mebu-f_iOx9HIx2SNV5xgmka6hiJk7VoEG9EHe

ESQP Berga - Berga, Sweden

y4mHYxCn2fe4vWbmMj5AF16gweqk-YMIzJc2quZq

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,911; downloads 3,036; downloads yesterday 35 (2 days); subscribers 19

Getting these two out leaves only on Swedish airport to go on the request list. One of these, Berga, ESQP is pretty odd. It has a pair of very short grass runways. One is mis-identified with respect to runway numbering vs. magnetic bearing and suggests a closed runway but it's not marked with Xs and they usually are. Also, the placement of the only building (the control tower) is pretty much in line with and close to one of the thresholds of the runway that's not in question. I think the Aces Studios guys were asleep at the switch when they put this one in.

Apologies for an unscheduled day off from new diagrams. I was a little under the weather and couldn't quite manage it.

John

3/9/14 Airport Diagrams

New:

KGTU Georgetown Mun - Georgetown, Texas - US

y4mfC-TCRmSR-eRhfZKFrSOvLp_LI2yj5tkAAj0b

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,917; downloads 3,048; downloads yesterday 12; subscribers 19

In looking at the last Swedish airport on the request list I've been working through, it's from a piece of freeware scenery that's on a non-English language site so I'm not going to publish this one publicly. I'll diagram it and make it available to my "customer" but it's a fictitious airport and won't be in your FSX unless you happen to have that freeware scenery.

I managed only one new one tonight but it's a milestone - the last from the US sequester airports list, those airports that were threatened with tower closure by the FAA during the infamous sequester process some time ago. That list will now be retired and I'll replace it with another.

I've been busy with the Country Bundles, working on the US airports now (over 1,100 of them). I'm up through Indiana at present, with a lot more to go.

John

Regarding ESQP it corresponds fairly well with real world, although a bit of bad data is in there.. 

It was established as a base for naval helicopters back in 1961, and never was a base for fixed wing aircraft during it's lifespan as a military base.. So in real life those "runways" was more of elongated helipads  ;)

3/10/14 Airport Diagrams

New:

FXSM Semonkong - Semonkong, Lesotho

y4mBo85hqCC2nMU9LGk7gjIfi2HO8NDpDMd1mMfs

ESSP Kungsangen - Norrkoping, Sweden

y4mh23rAQD5K-6oWEqwCHzPLQ5vwc4cUMHhwf9x2

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,922; downloads 3,048; downloads yesterday 0; subscribers 19

Just when you thought you'd seen the last of Swedish airports for a while... As I already reported, the Swedish request list is done. This one just popped up as the next one on a randomized list of airports - honest.

The Lesotho airport is from another request list. This one does not have a short fuse so I will do one of them a day, filling in with others too. I guess it's time to start picking up on the updates again too. The plan will be one update every third day, at least until another request list comes along.

I only got three of the country bundles done today - am through the state of Kentucky, proceeding in alphabetical order, so Louisiana is next.

John

3/11/14 Airport Diagrams

New:

FXQN Qacha's Nek - Qacha's Nek, Lesotho

y4mDM8I3QN60VVvkxkpiDCQBzSAIhNTlZ9aS6UPj

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,926; downloads 3,064; downloads yesterday 16; subscribers 19

Only one today, and a fairly simple one from the Lesotho list - busy day.

John

3/12/14 Airport Diagrams

New:

FXSH Sehonghong - Sehonghong, Lesotho

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/3212-fxsh/]http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/3212-fxsh/

Updated:

KLCK Rickenbacker Intl - Columbus, Ohio - US (updated)

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/431-klck/]http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/431-klck/

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,932; downloads 3,068; downloads yesterday 4; subscribers 19

I have another Lesotho airport from the request list and an update, KLCK in Columbus OH. The original diagram was done, in all probability, from FS9 and I note several differences in this one, including custom buildings, some areas of closed taxiways and a small runway that's closed. I don't believe that closed runway was even there in the original.

There are about five airports left on the Lesotho list, then back to random selection from the normal lists. I'm only doing one a day from Lesotho and an update every third day, so there will be some random selections over the next few days in addition to the Lesotho airports.

I'm continuing to populate the MH File Library with Country Bundles, or in this case, State Bundles as I work my way through the US airports. Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, and Missouri were posted today. I believe that puts me exactly at the halfway point in the state list.

John

3/13/14 Airport Diagrams

New:

FXMK Mokhotlong - Mokhotlong, Lesotho

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/3217-fxmk/]http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/3217-fxmk/

L39 Leesville - Leesville, Louisiana

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/3218-l39/]http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/3218-l39/

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,938; downloads 3,412; downloads yesterday 344; subscribers 19

The download counter has really taken off in the last day and the numbers are pretty incredible. I think there have been years when there were not 344 downloads, now we have seen that many in a day. It wasn't all that many weeks ago I was worried that the number of files was catching up with the total number of downloads. That has changed pretty significantly in the last 24 hours. I hope it continues.

Of the two new airport diagrams today, the Lesotho one, of course, is a continuation of the request list I'm working through. The other one, Leesville, Louisiana, is the home field of a good flight sim friend who I've never met but feel like I've known all my life. I've been remiss in not doing this field for him before, but it's corrected now. I can't call it a request - he'd never ask for it - but I hope he'll be happy to see it on the list.

John

3/15/14 Airport Diagrams

New:

FXKA Katse - Katse, Lesotho

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/3230-fxka/]http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/3230-fxka/

PADQ Kodiak - Kodiak, Alaska - US

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/3231-padq/]http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/3231-padq/

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,950; downloads 3,470; downloads yesterday 58 (2 days); subscribers 19

Three Lesotho to go. These are mostly not very important airports. The one today is a gravel strip with not much else there.

PADQ, Kodiak, Alaska, however is a pretty big place - 3 big runways and a lot of ramps, taxiways and buildings, towered, with one ILS.

I introduced a new list today, replacing the old sequester list, which is finished. It's a fairly short list with only a handful of airports not already done, so won't be very long-lived here. It appears to mostly contain European, North African and Middle East airports.

John

3/16/14 Airport Diagrams

New:

FXLT Letseng - Letseng, Lesotho

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/3236-fxlt/]http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/3236-fxlt/

WMSA Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah-Subang - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (2 plates)

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/3237-wmsa/]http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/3237-wmsa/

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,956; downloads 3,478; downloads yesterday 8; subscribers 19

From the What-Are-The-Chances department, one of today's new airports is WMSA, in Kuala Lumpur, the departure airport, I think, of the infamous, missing Malaysian Airlines MH-370. Looking at the charts, there are two other large airports in the city too, so I guess I don't know for sure if this is the one or not. Anyway, I didn't pick this one - it just fell out of the random selection from the lists I'm working.

This appears to be a pretty major airport - only one runway but it's over 12,000' long. There seems to be a military presence since the traffic program has camouflaged C-130s parked on an apron up near the north end of the field. There's an extensive terminal building with many jetways toward the other end so it appears to be a mixed-use field.

The other one is just another Lesotho gravel strip. If you try it out, watch your Ps and Qs - it's at 10,400' elevation.

John

3/17/14 Airport Diagrams

New:

FXLR Leribe - Leribe, Lesotho

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/3243-fxlr/]http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/3243-fxlr/

Updated:

KACY Atlantic City Intl - Atlantic City, New Jersey (updated)

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/276-kacy/]http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/276-kacy/

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,956; Airports 2,659; Downloads 3,506; Downloads yesterday 28; Subscribers 19

Today was an update day, so KACY, Atlantic City NJ got a facelift. I'm only doing an update every third day for now.

The new one is another from the Lesotho list and like most of them, there's not much to it. There's only one left on that list.

For those using the add-on waypoints, I posted an update tonight adding 75 new waypoints and clicking the total over 2,300.

http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2737-jda-added-fsx-waypoints/]http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/2737-jda-added-fsx-waypoints/

John

3/18/14 Airport Diagrams

New:

FXMU Mejametalana AB - Maseru, Lesotho

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/3249-fxmu/]http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/3249-fxmu/

SKUA Marandua AB - Marandua AB, Colombia

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/3250-skua/]http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/3250-skua/

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,969; Airports 2,661; Downloads 3,516; Downloads yesterday 10; Subscribers 19

Here are two airbases you've never heard of. FXMU marks the end of the Lesotho list.

John

3/19/14 Airport Diagrams

New:

LFBO Blagnac - Toulouse, France

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/3264-lfbo/]http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/3264-lfbo/

VOBG Bangalore - Bangalore, India

- http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/3265-vobg/]http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/files/file/3265-vobg/

Updated:

None

Current Airport Diagram Stats @ Mutley’s Hangar: Uploads 2,984; Airports 2,663; Downloads 3,551; Downloads yesterday 35; Subscribers 19

LFBO in Toulouse, France is a pretty interesting airport - very complex with a lot of custom buildings and such. I needed two plates to do it. This airport has, hands-down, the very worst system of taxiway labeling I've ever seen - it's just half-past awful. Both Airbus and ATR have assembly plants adjacent to the airport here.

You may have seen a series of photos of a brand new, wrecked A340 in Ethiad livery that was run into and partly over a blast fence by a Middle Eastern crew during static testing, destroying the aircraft, and injuring a number of people. You may have even thought it was a hoax with Photoshopped images, but it really happened and happened here, in 2007.

VOBG in Bangalore, India is a good deal less complex but is still a good sized airport with a single runway almost 11,000' long.

I'm done posting the Country Bundles in the MH File Library now and will begin to work out a process for updating them to roll in newly created diagrams. They've been extremely popular, accounting by themselves for almost 800 downloads since the first one was posted around 2/20/14. That's over one in five of all the airport downloads over the entire duration of the project.

John

John>You may have seen a series of photos of a brand new, wrecked A340 in Ethiad livery that was run into and partly over a blast fence by a Middle Eastern crew during static testing, destroying the aircraft, and injuring a number of people. You may have even thought it was a hoax with Photoshopped images, but it really happened and happened here, in 2007.

I always wondered what happed to the pilots on that plane and where they are working now.