I recommend not picking someplace too remote, since having many other airports nearby means plenty of business. Also, even if you want to start cheap with a small field, pick one not too far from a large airport with an ILS, just in case you're returning in bad WX. You can pop into the big one and be close to home when the WX clears. Somewhere in the south or SE of England gives easy access to airports on the continent too.

John

Yeah as John said - pick somewhere to start that has some airfields close by but also has one or two close airports with ILS. It would also be good to choose a base with ILS too due to weather. 

Also what does it for me is what airports I have in my collection - so for instance I have the UK2000 EGNX airport; so one of my bases is this one. 

Good Luck :)

I recommend not picking someplace too remote, since having many other airports nearby means plenty of business. Also, even if you want to start cheap with a small field, pick one not too far from a large airport with an ILS, just in case you're returning in bad WX. You can pop into the big one and be close to home when the WX clears. Somewhere in the south or SE of England gives easy access to airports on the continent too.

John

Farnborough and Fairoaks are near Heathrow and Orbx does a great Fairoaks at http://www.fullterrain.com/product_egtf.html

I have visited this airfield a couple of times and can vouch for the authenticity of the Orbx product.

You will be doing a lot of flying so grab a base in the middle of some good addon scenery. Find a base that is not to small so you can move on to bigger aircraft and not so big that you will spend most of your time taxing.

I would also like to welcome you to our forums Phillip, glad to have you aboard. :)  Once your company is up and running, we would love to hear about it and even posting some screen shots of your travels would be nice. :welcomeani:

John

You will be doing a lot of flying so grab a base in the middle of some good addon scenery. Find a base that is not to small so you can move on to bigger aircraft and not so big that you will spend most of your time taxing.

I would also like to welcome you to our forums Phillip, glad to have you aboard. :) Once your company is up and running, we would love to hear about it and even posting some screen shots of your travels would be nice. :welcomeani: