Bae 146-200 Overspeed

I wonder if anyone can help with this please?

On a 146 I get an FSX "overspeed" warning come up at around 330 knots and the vcruise should be around 415 knots..

It's not a particular problem in FSE but in Air Hauler (the only place I can afford this exotic bird!), I get $180K repair bill every time I land.

Which line should I tinker with in the aircraft.cfg?

I have this.............>

[Reference Speeds]
flaps_up_stall_speed = 119.0 //Knots True (KTAS)
full_flaps_stall_speed = 105.0 //Knots True (KTAS)
cruise_speed = 415.0 //Knots True (KTAS)
max_indicated_speed=300.000000
max_mach=0.73000

if I do this..............>

[Reference Speeds]
flaps_up_stall_speed = 119.0 //Knots True (KTAS)
full_flaps_stall_speed = 105.0 //Knots True (KTAS)
cruise_speed = 415.0 //Knots True (KTAS)
//max_indicated_speed=300.000000
//max_mach=0.73000

Should that prevent the FSX "Overspeed" warning?

According to the SDK, see here , those figures look correct in relation to the examples given. Under the reference speeds title it also says that the .cfg data is basically for reference as the performance stuff is in the .air file so it would be interesting to see the results of any test you make.

I did have this page referenced in my tips folder and it shows you would be better off just increasing the numbers instead of hashing the lines out. You can give that a try too.  

Many thanks Brett....   

Putting the slash marks in front of the two items does not work as some default setting kicks in and you get the over-speed penalty in AH anyway.

I then changed the figures themselves to a randomly chosen 500 and 0.8 and I flight tested the settings in AH.  The over speed penalty disappeared and I staved off bankruptcy !

According to the website that you gave, it is a common fault in many aircraft.   Scrolling back through my last 2 years flights in AH I can see several instances where I may have been unreasonably penalized as I rose through the ranks.   (There again,  I may just have been flying too fast. )   :D   

Having just got to the giddy heights where I can more or less afford 747's  I see the approaching AH2 as a dark cloud on my horizon and there is a 172 awaiting me in the paddock as I have to start all over again !!!    :stars:

Glad it seems to be working better, hope it stays that way. Another way is to start flying a bit more economically. :P

I get bored of having the same company and end up deleting them and starting over, which I enjoy more. What I do before deleting the company is cook the books, steal all the companies money and put it in an offshore bank account, I then declare bankruptcy, sell everything off keeping anything a can skim and start another company in a new place using a family members name. ;)  :D     

If you check the .cfg files of most/all of the stock heavies, and most of the addon heavies...they all have the same issue...the max speed is set to 350ish knots, and the cruise is listed at 477kts. I fix them same as you do, change the max speed to 500kts or more and no more overspeeds. I have never adjusted the max mach, and hasn't been a problem for me.

However, if you leave it stock, and keep speeds down till you get up to cruising altitude, the "Indicated max speed" on the altimeters shifts upwards permitting faster indicated speeds at the reduced pressure altitude. I doubt that real airliners and heavies are encouraged to fly at 400+ kts below 30,000 feet :)

But ya...i do it too in the sims, and I don't like warning horns blaring at me. :D