Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I have made a posting about what aircraft people would like for their flight sim.  I am not the only one hoping for a VC-10, hopefully by someone like Just Flight as they seem to be doing good stuff at the moment. 

 

So, who is prepared to add their name to the list?  What I want is a responses by people who would DEFINATELY buy a VC-10 if a good one was produced.  If I can get a good amount of responses, I will contact Just Flight and point them  to this site and the need for a VC-10.  Maybe we can nudge them.... :thum:

 

TIA

 

Martin

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't say "for sure" I NEED this only because I don't prefer to fly airliners...but it is exactly the Kind of Airliner I would prefer to fly since it has an old school panel with easy to scan dials with needles.

Looks like it would be right at home on the ramp next to my new Capt Sim 727.

I would absolutely pick this up on during a sale, during a weak moment while drunk on a payday, or as a Screenshot Thread prize reward.

 

+1

(p.s. Only if it as at least as good quality inside and out as the JF Fokker F27 and/or Capt. Sim 727...theJF F-Lite range of airliners ( I have the 757 and A319) leaves me a bit uninterested.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

I've searched for a VC10 and am so frustrated that we don't have one. Such an iconic craft should be brought into virtual service by a company like Just Flight, excellent idea and I would buy it tomorrow!.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been hounding Just Flight for ages to get a VC10, and a Britannia. Some time ago Rich from JF posted some pics of the JF team clambering over a VC10 for research into making one. Apparently the modelers had a fit over the complexity of the cockpit. Still, one lives in hope.

 

Not as glamorous as the VC10, JF have a BAC 1-11 in the pipeline which is certainly on my wish list.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I dream on of making a black and white Youtube video of a FSX flight in a BOAC livered VC10...

or the BEA Elizabethan Class; someone should specialise in these classics, there's far too much Airbus if you ask me! :whis:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hifly said:

I have been hounding Just Flight for ages to get a VC10, and a Britannia. Some time ago Rich from JF posted some pics of the JF team clambering over a VC10 for research into making one. Apparently the modelers had a fit over the complexity of the cockpit. Still, one lives in hope.

 

Not as glamorous as the VC10, JF have a BAC 1-11 in the pipeline which is certainly on my wish list.  

 

Watch the angle of attack in that BAC 1-11. On the prototypes, get it wrong and the wing vortices stall the engines, cause a flat stall out of which there is little chance of escape.

 

Brooklands Museum has a preserved BAC 1-11 and also has the tail parachute attachment that was added to the prototypes after the death of Mike Lithgow and his crew in such a stall.  The parachute was designed to lift the tail out of the flat stall and restore control the pilot 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bumblebee said:

I dream on of making a black and white Youtube video of a FSX flight in a BOAC livered VC10...

or the BEA Elizabethan Class; someone should specialise in these classics, there's far too much Airbus if you ask me! :whis:

There is an excellent Airspeed Ambassador/Elizabethan available as freeware. I highly reccomend it. http://www.robertjamesrichardson.co.uk/page4.html

 

Amb%20toff_zpszqpq4khz.jpg
amb%20pkd%202_zps5kv39otq.jpg
amb%201%20BEA_zpsqsnwwfoo.jpg
amb%20pkd%201_zpsvpeayj34.jpg
amb%20crz_zpsz0v40von.jpg
amb%201%20pkd%20newcastle_zpsfagxvdaq.jp
Amb%201%20BEA%20close%20up_zpstp1o1ves.j
amb%201%20Bea%20crz_zpsz5uz9cp7.jpg
amb%20VC_zpsiqpvcprz.jpg
amb%201%20bea%20high_zpske3dalbi.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, J G said:

 

Watch the angle of attack in that BAC 1-11. On the prototypes, get it wrong and the wing vortices stall the engines, cause a flat stall out of which there is little chance of escape.

 

Brooklands Museum has a preserved BAC 1-11 and also has the tail parachute attachment that was added to the prototypes after the death of Mike Lithgow and his crew in such a stall.  The parachute was designed to lift the tail out of the flat stall and restore control the pilot 

 

John all ac with rear/tail mounted engines had that problem. In fact, I'll try to recreate it in my 727.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hifly said:

 

John all ac with rear/tail mounted engines had that problem. In fact, I'll try to recreate it in my 727.

It's also one of the reasons that the Hunter crashed at Shoreham last year.  In the last few seconds he was descending at such an angle that when he tried to pull out the wing blanked the tailplane, had he left it flat it still would have crashed but onto the football pitch further along the line of flight. As it was the aircraft struck tail first and the result was there for all to see. The problem is not the rear engine mounting but the high mounted tail unit. At certain AoA the main wing blocks the airflow over the tailplane making it ineffective. Modern aircraft have far better stall warning systems to prevent such an occurrence from happening.. .

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, hifly said:

I have been hounding Just Flight for ages to get a VC10, and a Britannia. Some time ago Rich from JF posted some pics of the JF team clambering over a VC10 for research into making one. Apparently the modelers had a fit over the complexity of the cockpit. Still, one lives in hope.

 

Not as glamorous as the VC10, JF have a BAC 1-11 in the pipeline which is certainly on my wish list.  

The JBK Britannia is still widely available and that works really well.   brt_v10x.zip 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...