Hello again all,

I realize it has been quite a while since my last update.

Things have not been standing still, they just have been progressing much slower than I hoped, I have no real excuse other than saying my personal life came in the way.

With the help of many you I have been able to identify and resolve issues in the current version 1.1.4 / 1.1.5 available on the Apple and Goodle App Stores. Some of the Android users have been receiving updated “beta” versions for testing as well. I’d like to thank you all for your great help.

Many of you have been asking about the progress made on version 2.0 which will include a PFD screen and EICAS.

Well, again things have not been standing still but I was hoping to have it released by now. It is close but unfortunately not quite ready for release yet.

I can tell you it will be worth the wait once released.

I’ve been testing version 2.0 myself quite a lot recently to iron out the issues and I must say it is quite enjoyable to be flying with a “home” cockpit built out of 2 tablets and an iPhone.

The way I have mine currently set up I have my 10” iPad3 in landscape mode in front of me displaying the PFD & NAV displays side-by-side. I have my 7” Nexus tablet on the right of that in portrait mode displaying the upper and lower EICAS displays. Finally, below the Nexus, I have my iPhone4 in portrait mode displaying the FMC.

Everything pretty much laid out as it would be sitting in the captain’s seat in most airliners.

Off course it is entirely configurable which devices show which display(s), hence many different configurations using more or less devices are imaginable.

Note that iFMS does not require a whole lot of processing power to run, most older iOS/Android tablets/phones will work fine as long as you have sufficient storage space available for storing the navdata (be aware it does NOT run on the iPad 1st generation though). iFMS 2.0 will therefore make it quite affordable for any simmer now to build a simple but yet very usable and realistic home cockpit using just a couple of (older model) iOS/Android tablets and/or phones which can be found second hand these days for a nickel and a dime.

I will be taking some pictures of my setup and some snapshots of the new displays as soon as possible to give you all a bit of a preview.

Hopefully I will have news about a potential release date shortly after that as well.

Michael De Feyter

iFMS

www.ifms-fs.com