Hi guys,

I need some assistance please.

I have just explored the REX application a bit more than I previously have & have found It has a flight planning facility and weather GPS thing. I have set up my route on the flight plan screen & then proceeded to set up the weather selecting the "random weather" option. I have generated a weather scenario and carried on to the Fly Now option within the REX GUI.

After this point it will boot up FSX & the weather GPS thing. Once FSX main menu is up and running I will open up the saved flight plan created in rex but opened through FSX and amend the aircraft and date / time to the correct options. I will then click fly now within FSX to start the flight everything will go swimmingly & the weather GPS thing will update to the correct position / location.

REX will then begin importing the weather into the Sim however when it is applying the weather, fsx pops up with the following error; "The weather theme could not be loaded. Please check that this file exists and try again" - I have absolutely no idea what it is talking about?? weather still seems to be displayed but it doesn't seem to represent the weather I had chosen / generated on the "random weather" page on the REX GUI.

I have noticed also that the weather GPS thing displays the flight plan as intended but I cant see any indication of weather such as cloud cover / precipitation shown on it, and I cant seem to toggle between the buttons at the base of the weather GPS.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sam.

Hi Sam,

This occurs every now and again in Rex. To fix it, just rebuild the Rex database using the database tool. You will find it in the start menu REX Essential Plus Overdrive folder. It is called REX Database Tool. Just let it do it's thing and everything will be back to normal (until next time it spits the dummy out! :D)

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the quick response, I have tried rebuilding the database but it doesn't appear to have solved the problem.

I have narrowed the problem down a bit further, the error occurs between the REX messages in sim that are something along the lines of " assembling real time weather " and "weather loaded successfully", but im not sure why its using the real time weather as I selected the random weather theme in REX??

I don't fully understand how the weather from REX gets carried across to FSX, every time I try real time weather or random weather theme it always appears to be the theme fair weather on default FSX? The only way currently I can change the weather is through FSX using the default themes I don't appear to be able to change it in REX?

Im not to sure where im going wrong??

Any other ideas?

Sam.

You could try Geoff's suggestion, however User Defined Weather should be set automatically by REX when FSX launches. FSX should be left at default weather settings. If it still plays up, backup your settings in REX and reinstall it.

Hi guys,

See below video showing how I set the weather up. As you can see I select the weather as severe on REX but when I boot up FSX its very calm weather? When it first boots up, user defined is not loaded on FSX maybe this is the problem? Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Sam.

Funnily enough, I've just tried Random Weather on mine and it doesn't work here either. I never noticed as I only use Real World. No idea why though, I've tried all sorts to make it work and nothing! 

Adrian