15" monitor advice for sim panel.

I believe as does John G, that you should use the red cable for the power supply Paul. Not the red/black cable.

I think the red/black cable will be unused in your case. I think that is just for connection to a cars power supply.

So, Power to the Red Cable and the VGA cable plugs in to your graphics card.

Then you will have to open a panel in FSX, undock it and drag it to your new screen.

Good luck.

Brian

EDIT: I have the same problem at my local Maplin branch. They just don't seem to know what they are doing, or indeed know anything about electronics. I have learnt more from the Internet than from any person at a Maplin store. I would browse the shelves and buy one similar to the one John posted a link to. If you get one with different plugs, it's easy enough to match the plug to the socket on your red cable.

Hi Needles and JG,

My dad got on the case for me and on my way home from work suggested as John did that he thought the red socket would be the power input.

I then got my multi meter out and checked the cable polarities to see if negative was inside the male socket or outside, it was inside.

I then checked the polarity on the router adapter I had found and it was the correct polarity, so I plugged it in and the display came on.

I have got a VGA cable ordered at my local PC world so I will collect it tomorrow and start to get some guages on it and see how many I can get and still read them.

I'm hoping the main six but they be a little bit too small.

Thanks for the help.