I know it may be a stupid question but do you commence the first leg of your flight climbing as you would in the real world or over the starting airfield?  I know time is factored in for the climb to initial cruising height, but do you achieve that before doing the first leg of the flight?

Simon,

You seem to be confused between the timing for the Test Flight and the timing for the Flight Legs. As per the Rules, para 13, "...from when the aircraft reaches 35 knots on take-off until it decelerates to below 35 knots on landing..." and if you are using the FTime timer, the timing commences automatically on the take-off roll at approximately 35 KIAS and stops when the speed gets below 35 KIAS on landing. If using a manual timer, you need to be starting and stopping the timer as per the above speeds, or as close to.

Hence, all phases of the flight, including the climb to cruise and a 12 nm landing circuit are included in the reported flight time.

I hope this answers your question.

Cheers

Andrew

• Like 1

Yes it did thanks.  I was really trying to work out if the times were worked out with the test times, plus the ascent,descent and circuit of the airfield.  Perhaps I should just stop thinking as it confuses me.:thanks: