I so wanted to fly the Skylark and the gps is a small Garmin eTrex All I need is a nudge in the right direction and I am off, I could still be going after MEBAR has finished.

Joe,

Decided to continue this discussion under a more appropriate thread. Now, about the Pasped 'Skylark'. Go on and give yourself a nudge, it's worth the extra challenge.

I just entered the Fokker F.VIIb/3m (Charles Kingsford Smith's "Southern Cross"). I edited the panel.cfg and removed the GPS, leaving myself only an ADF, compass and chronometer. Test Flight cruise speed of approximately 92 mph KIAS (note the miles per hour). I've got some extra flight planning to do with this one and will have to dig out my conversion tables.

With a cruise speed of 125 mph on the 'Skylark' you will still finish ahead of me.

Now, what else can I think of to fly. :whis:

Cheers

Andrew

Now, if only I can find either a Shackelton or a Dove.....

I think the Shackleton has a pair of props too many for the MEBAR.

Now the He-177 Grief might be interesting - two props, but four engines, a certifiably BAD idea, then and now.

A long-distance rally limited to 4-engine prop AC would be fun. You might get as many as two or three entries.

John