John, have you come across this error message before?

aherr.jpg

I'm running AH as an admin, worked perfectly well the last time I used it about a week ago. If I click 'continue' then AH will load but not the company and all the icons are blanked out

Thanks

Probably the path setting in AH or something has happened to the company files. If AH will load, go to Options, Options, Paths and make sure that's right and that the company files are intact and where AH thinks they are.

On an earlier OS I'd suspect a Net.Framework 2.0 problem, but I think that's probably built into your OS with Win7.

John

Hi John.

When I click 'continue' everything is greyed out and I cannot select anything. But if I try to start a new company from scratch things seem OK. Is there anyway I can repair the link from outside the main program?

The path settings in Options -> Options are global, so start a new company and check/edit them there. Be sure they point to where they should. Look in that location and assure that your old AH company files are still there. The fact that AH will start and run normally with a new company seems to indicate the problem is with the location or condition of the older company files.

This sounds very much like the company files have been moved, delete or become corrupted, or that the Paths link in AH is pointing to somewhere they are not.

John

The plot thickens!

I go to create a new company and get the same error message when I go to open a base. Basically AH isn't finding any airports.

I'll copy the company file, reinstall AH and move the company file back to see what happens

EDIT: Bingo, that did the trick

Is FSUIPC installed/working correctly? You should see it in the Add-Ons pull-down of the Top Line Menu in FSX.

If AH is not seeing something in FSX (bases/airports) then FSUIPC has to be suspect.

John