...I paste it in scenery files

Which scenery files?

The FS Scenery List determines which saved version of an airport displays. Wherever you saved the new bgl file, A) it must be in a sub-folder named "scenery", B) that area must be in the FS Scenery List, and C) that scenery area must be higher in the Scenery List than any other version of that particular airport.

John

Did you save the modified airport from ADE?

Did you give it a new filename and location or did you over-write the Flight Simulator9\Addon Scenery\Boston-Logan2 bgl file?

I'd have to guess that either the compile failed and no new bgl was produced or FS is seeing the original AFCAD and displaying that.

If you open the airport you modified and saved in ADE again, do your changes re-appear, or does it come up as it looked before you made the changes?

Then Flight Sim is finding and using another version of that airport and not the BGL file containing the changes you made. If both the original and your revised AFCAD (bgl file) are in the same folder, that may be the problem. You might consider temporarily moving one to another location or changing the BGL extension to something else, so there's only one valid version of the airport in the folder that the Scenery List is using for that airport.

Also, in FS9 changes to the FS Scenery List will not take effect until you exit FS and re-start it. I suspect you've already done that, but just in case...

John

I think FS is not using the version of the airport that you think it is using. It's all about the Scenery list and where the relevant file is located. You need to find the file that IS being displayed and get that moved or turned off. I don't think your problem is the file that ADE produced, but where it is located and what other file is being read and used by FS. Solve that and I think you'll be OK.

John

Use the MS Search on "KBOS" in the entire FS9 folder and all its subdirectories.

The default KBOS should be in Flight Simulator 9 -> Scenery - > Name -> Scenery -> AP929160.bgl. Any add-on AFCADS are likely to be elsewhere and should have the ICAO code embedded in the file name.

Any version you find in a sub-folder that is not named "scenery" is not going to work.

John

Hi John

I succeed !!!

I eliminate the ' Flight Simulator 9 -> Scenery - > Name -> Scenery -> AP929160.bgl' by changing the extention, before I only rename the file and I think that's inadequate

thks a lot for your patience and your help

Chris

Hi John

I succeed !!!

I eliminate the ' Flight Simulator 9 -> Scenery - > Name -> Scenery -> AP929160.bgl' by changing the extention, before I only rename the file and I think that's inadequate

thks a lot for your patience and your help

Chris

By renaming AP929160.bgl you have removed over 100 airports from your sim. I am sure this is not what you intended to do. It is a general rule nver to modify or otherwise change the name or content of a stock file.

Also I do not understand why you want to decompile it - your problem is certainly elsewhere.

I need to get up to date with this so sorry if I repeat things already asked:

First you created a modified airport bgl file for KBOS. Did you create this from the stock airport or from some other addon airport?

Second where are you saving this Bgl file you created - in the Addon Scenery\scenery folder or somewhere else. Did you save it in the same folder as the airport file you started from (e.g the addon or stock file)

OK I get that you are modifying an addon airport and also that you are putting your Bgl file into the same folder as the original. This may be a mistake. I think you also have the Boston scenery right at the top of your scenery priority order. Thus it will over turn any changes you make where your Bgl file is in a folder at lower priority.

If you placed it in the same folder as the original addon then FS takes files in alphabetical order to load - so if your file name is alphabetically before the original addon file then your changes get ignored.

Can you confirm that some or all of this is true or not?

OK so you have renamed the stock AP929160.bgl back to its original name. We usually place the modified file in Addon Scenery\scenery. First make sure that you change the priority order of the scenery so that Addon Scenery is number 1 (at the top). Close FS. Then move the Bgl file you created into Addon Scenery\scenery. Now start FS again and hopefully you will see your taxiway.