VRInsight 500 HELP.....

hi fellow simmers.. Whatever happen to Plug and play? i just got my GPS and i am having technical problems on how to install it..

my computer sees the unit and i see the screen as a second unit, " monitor " but as i try to drag the gps from FSMX it does Not goes across....

Do i need FSUIPC4 to run it???? i just have MS FSMX..... ant help would be appreciated.. ty..

:hat:

Hey Steve,

Glad you got your GPS unit.

What you have to do is this:

When you are in FSX, 2004 etc, open your GPS panel and right click on the border of the GPS and choose 'UNDOCK PANEL'.

You will then be able to drag it to your new screen.

Once it's there, you can also resize it to suit.

This should help you but if you need any more help, just post and we'll sort it for you.

Cheers and happy flying.

Brian :thum:

i have installed FSUIPC4 i have drag the panel,, GPS to the VRI monitor, once there i resize it to fit the screen after undocking it ..

as i press the buttons nothing happens the computer sees this as a second monitor.... i have installed the VRIsim software.

but nothing .. this is fustrading.... :stars:

Is there a manual with it Steve?

I might assume now that you have to configure all the buttons in the FSX settings.

I will look into it later for you as I'm quite busy at the moment but I had to map (assign)all the buttons in FSX with mine.

If you enter FSX and go to the settings section, nd the keys that you would press for each button, then when it asks you which key you want to assign, press the corresponding button on your GPS panel.

So....

Open FSX -

Open Settings -

Click Buttons/Keys tab -

Scroll down until you find the GPS mapping -

Double click on (GPS CLR for instance) -

Then press the corresponding button on your new GPS pane.

Do this for all the buttons you have on your panel.

I believe the rotary knobs are items like GPS Page (increase) - GPS Page (decrease)

and so on.

Let me know how you get on and I will try and talk you through it in more detail if you need.

Patience is needed. :( It will pay off don't worry.

Good Luck mate

Brian

tnx brian... well i have managed to unlock the gps. i can drag it to the other monitor VRI GPS but None of the buttons work,,,,,,

i have try the FX set up. and it does not sees the gps. the only that appears there is Mouse and Yoke controls. No other.....

as i go to the gps on the list to set it up. i press buttons but nothing happens.... the software VRI sism tell me fail to load Gps 5 module..

and unable to undock and rezise gps.

i have look on the web and i see that a few people have the same problem..... will email VRInsight and pray.....

Thank you so much Brian for your Help..... cheers yes there is a manual i have follow the directions but dead end street,,,,,, :stars:

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear what you're going through.

I would have thought that the cost of the VRInsight GPS, would have ensured they had wriiten some software to automatically remap the keys/buttons for you.

It will be interesting to know what VRI have to say.

Keep me informed how you get on with it.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

Cheers for now

Brian

EDIT: Did it come with any software at all Steve, drivers etc? Amazed if they don't ship it with software.

yes a dvd was included but the instructions made no sense at all it is very confusing. for a non computer person...

i got the gps on,,, dragged the panel across but the only thing is i could not find a file to program the buttons... will email vri.... :wacko2: