After so much hassle with FSX and Windows 10, I have done a fair bit of research and watched some YouTube stuff.  I have reached the conclusion that P3Dv3 is the way to go for me, at least for the time being.  I have bought quite a few aircraft for FSX over a period of time, but a lot are also compatible with P3Dv3.  So....I had an SSD put on my PC and bought P3Dv3 and hope to get it installed and set up in the next few days. :D  If anyone has any info and tips about P3Dv3, I would be interested in knowing...:thanks:

You will note that I said that it is P3Dv3 for the time being.....the Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 looks VERY interesting.  It is my understanding that they plan to make FSX aircraft compatible with it and the scenery will be downloaded via a cloud.  So.....maybe if can get an up to date PC in the next couple of years, who knows?!!  I guess that it is an exciting time for flight simmers right now!!

Martin

Edited by Tristarcaptain

Not a fan of the site but this link is full of useful info.

http://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/657-prepar3d-tips-tricks-and-how-tos/

"Poppet" in particular, a very knowledgeable young lady.  Do yourself a favour and read all her postings.

On 04/11/2019 at 15:47, Tim_A said:

v3? not v4?

Well, it just so happens that I am on a tight budget.  Ill health and not having worked for 14 years as a consequence makes things a bit tight!  Therefore, I have an old PC that it not up to spec for v4.  Such is life, but I am quite impressed with v3 anyway....better than FSX so I am happy.

Martin

On 05/11/2019 at 00:44, dogtrack said:

Not a fan of the site but this link is full of useful info.

http://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/657-prepar3d-tips-tricks-and-how-tos/

"Poppet" in particular, a very knowledgeable young lady.  Do yourself a favour and read all her postings.

Wow....that is so great.  Thanks  Arnold!  :icon_goodpost: