Lots of Green! (and a splash of Orange)

With the wife safely sleeping, I decided to take advantage of Aerosoft's sale of Huey X ;) .

My first impresions are very positive with this heli add-on, frame rates are very smooth for a aircraft that has such a detailed cockpit, I have my frames locked at 30 FPS and the new heli is right up there is the very hight 20's all of the time, also the sound pack that come's with it is superb :)

(even Sabre would enjoy this one ;) ).

I'm useing Justflights UK photo scenery, the airfield in the first shot is RNAS Culdrose in Cornwall.

2012-6-30_2-45-13-283.jpg

2012-6-30_1-43-28-449.jpg

2012-6-30_1-50-16-598.jpg

Cheer's...Graham...

Hi Graham,

Whilst the wife's asleep the pilot will play, I like it :thum:

I have been looking at the Huey, how easy is it to land, (where you want!)

Hello Joe :) .

Can't really say its easy to land (for me, that is!), as I still get the crash screen a lot (but then again I was trying to land on a road in deepest Cornwall at the time, I would think that people with a lot of heli hours under their belts should be able to put this bird down on a sixpence ;) ).

I also have the ND BO-105 which is a nice looking heli, but the Aerosoft Huey knocks the spots off it in all aspects, the Huey is a lot easier to fly low and level, and it's very smooth running, which is perfect for looking at your scenery.

The cockpit looks so good you would think it had been made in the A2A studio if you know what I mean :).

Now that I have read through the manual a bit it seems that a lot of stuff on Huey X runs in a module outside of FSX, and I think thats why the FPS is so good.

Think that the Aerosoft 20% off sale is on for another day, I'll give you the link for the US store below, think that I got it for about $25 CND so that should be about 16 UK pounds (I think :unsure: )

http://www.aerosoft....gi?showd,,11333

Cheer's...Graham...

Hi Graham

I had a look at the sale and it's €22.36 so I guess the price is just about what you say.

Nemeth appear to have a couple of good models too, ahh, decisions!!

Cheers,

Joe

Hi Graham

I had a look at the sale and it's €22.36 so I guess the price is just about what you say.

Nemeth appear to have a couple of good models too, ahh, decisions!!

Cheers,

Joe

Not trying to push you into a corner, but if your going to get another heli, GO FOR THE HUEY :) or even the Cerra Bell 222 thats not on sale ATM but everyone seems to rate these just under the Dodo-sim 206 but that one is over $60 CND for me in Canada :(.

I was chatting with Sabre last night about getting another heli, and I was sure that I wanted the Cerra Bell most, but I never could resist a good sale so got the huey instead "LOL" :D .

Think I let you see this vid of the Cerra Bell 222 before, but have another look just incase you forgot about it ;) .

And another of the B222 that I just found on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-87slnDlGXo

Cheer's...Graham...

Why not buy all three? then you will have one heli for each one of my needles lighthouses LOL :D

Not sure whats going on here! must be a bit of a scenery clash between JF real, UTX Europe and the GenX lighthouse, but at least if you miss the first landing pad! you have another two to try for "LOL" :D

Not sure what Dai will make of all this when he see's it :whis:

2012-6-30_14-0-13-759copy.jpg

Cheer's...Graham...

You have landed on the Gen X light house, I would imagine the big b*ugger to the left is the RS and the other on is the UTE, you should stick the GenX at the top of your scenery layers as it is the most realistic.

• 2 weeks later...