Hello,

This may be a stupid question, but I recently installed the FTX Tasmania demo because I wanted a glimpse of what orbx scenery looked like. I already have REX and when I went to the weather settings in free flight, it had replaced the REX option with a bunch of ORBX weather options. I start the flight and after a few seconds, REX updates as usual and it switches back to REX weather. Is it normal for ORBX to replace the REX weather setting for its own settings? And if so, does it even matter because REX seems to be working fine. 

Thanks

Pace,

First, there are never any stupid questions, certainly not here at the Hangar.  In short, FTX works perfectly with REX and vice versa.  I, and nearly all the Mods here use / have used REX Essentials (Plus OD).

I tried to replicate your situation, but the REX option is still there.  Try scrolling down as it is now under the Orbx Weather themes.

Most of my flights are down using real weather from REX, and as you have seen, REX injects the weather as normal.

Cheers

Andrew

Those new weather themes were just an added plus to the limited default free flight weather themes that ORBX included in with the demo. Before I purchased REX they were a nice addition to free flight weather. I think FSX does not show that you are using REX's real world weather option until the flight actually starts.