Good News and Bad News

I finally made a successful flight today in my PMDG 777 from Gatwick (EGKK) to Shannon (EINN), on the west coast of Ireland, a flight that should normally take 1 hour 10 mins, took me 2 hours and 10 mins for the following reasons.

I had installed UIAutomationCore   as per James's advice, but it didn't work for me. But I remembered reading a forum somewhere that to leave it 10 minutes that it will resume again. I did and sure enough, it resumed. But that is not satisfactory and I am going to have to find a another solution as it stopped 3 times and put an hour onto my flight time. But the PMDG 777 is a wonderful aircraft and I give it full marks.  I suppose that solution is  better (only just) than having to X out completely and not complete your flight

A big thank you to everyone for all you help

Patrick try this:

jaydor, on 04 May 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:snapback.png

Most forget that FSX is a software package that runs on windows, so windows has to be able to help make a stable platform for it, by us the user helping to improve windows.

One way of helping it is to increase the virtual memory from a windows managed system to a user specified. I have increased mine, so below I have made some screenies for you to follow:

Go to control panel and open it. Then choose on the left panel Advanced system settings. Then just follow the shots below:

9Azxo.jpg

vGIzK.jpg

Thats one way. Now for an added tweak to windows that not many know about and that is improving the display of windows.

Again it is through Control panel and this time you choose Color Managemant:

Select Advanced tab and from the dropdowns inside the ringed areas choose the same as mine:

bqCKO.jpg

Now you should see a good improvement. Here are a couple of shot to show how by just zooming in from the outside view:

fyoDK.jpg

yxBbL.jpg

wrbOt.jpg

Fz6Et.jpg

BhPlQ.jpg

Aircraft repaint by Ron Attwood

These shots were taken on my second computer being a Quad2 and a ATI 5830 card

There will be a lose of quality from the above shots due to jpeggin, but you should see a better quality picture on your screen.

So a lot of problems are window problems and not FSX remember..

James smile.png

There is a conflict somewhere on your system and it maybe Virtual memory, so try the above.  I hope it is the same procedure as in window 7 on your 8 system..

Pattrick the above advice will work however I find it strange the uiautomation caused a problem. have you done any mods to your fsx.cfg file? if not there are a few mandatory mods to be made, send me a copy of your fsx.cfg and i will mod it a bit especially as you have that big screen.

James, thank you very much I will carry out those modifications and let you know how they work. The graphics are great for someone as computer illiterate as me

Nigel all I said was the uiautomation did not work for me below is my confifg File ....................I think

[GRAPHICS]

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024

NUM_LIGHTS=8

AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1

AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1

COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1

LANDING_LIGHTS=1

AC_SELF_SHADOW=0

EFFECTS_QUALITY=2

GROUND_SHADOWS=1

HIGHMEMFIX = 1

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD = 4096

[sCENERY]

LENSFLARE=0

DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1

IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5

[DISPLAY]

WideViewAspect=True

BLOOM_EFFECTS=0

SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40

UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=20

[PANELS]

QUICKTIPS=1

PANEL_OPACITY=100

[TERRAIN]

LOD_RADIUS=4.500000

MESH_COMPLEXITY=75

MESH_RESOLUTION=22

TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29

AUTOGEN_DENSITY=4

DETAIL_TEXTURE=1

WATER_EFFECTS=7

[WEATHER]

CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=5

DETAILED_CLOUDS=1

CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8

THERMAL_VISUALS=0

DownloadWindsAloft=1

DisableTurbulence=1

[TrafficManager]

AirlineDensity=20

GADensity=20

FreewayDensity=20

ShipsAndFerriesDensity=40

LeisureBoatsDensity=40

IFROnly=0

AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=3

hi Patrick, I know but the correct UI automation file is only one part of getting fsx to run properly.

looking at your cfg file you have texture max load twice, remove the line texture max load=1024 leaving the line texture max load= 4096

also put these 3 lines into the [graphics] area

ForceFullScreenVSync=true
forcevsync=true
ForceWindowedVSync=1

and you might want to change your ground scenery shadow to =0 as this is a huge memory hog

let us know how it goes