Sweet or Sour FX?

Yesterday I installed SweetFX and FlightFX having seen some great screenshots of this software.

It quickly turned into a nightmare! Perhaps fitting for Halloween, but somehow I wasn't in the mood!

The nightmare began when I ran FSX for the first time after installing this software. I usually get 23 frames per second having set the limiter to 25 FPS. With SweetFX and FlightFX installed the highest rate I was getting was 0.7 FPS.  Yes that is naught point seven Frames per second to spell it out.

The only way I could cure it was a complete uninstall.

Has anyone else had such problems?  If so did you get over them, and if so how?

I would love to be able to use this software, and am frustrated that I cant! 

OMG I use this and on my dinosaur system I was expecting poor results but no - have not experienced that. I think I may have dropped by 2 frames or less but did not notice a difference. 

Are you using your own theme or one downloaded?

Cheers,

Jim

Yeah the best thing about this addon is you simply delete/move the files out of the FSX folder and you are back to normal. It is a shame you did not get this going - maybe try not using a downloaded them and go default first. Just also note that unless you are tweaking the settings using FlightFX you do not need this open/running in the background. 

I would check you have the latest version and default the settings for now - then try some different settings later on. Also make sure your baseline in performance is using say the default Cessna and not one of the great addons out there - it may be affected by the addon (but I doubt that)

If all else fails with this then you could always try ENB Series mod - but this just kept crashing my FSX to desktop when I tried to use it. Lots of people swear by it though.

Take Care

Jim