New moving map.

I saw somewhere on the forum the PC / Android FS MovMap software mentioned and gave it a try.  It works very well and even allows you to import an FSX flight plan.

This got me thinking.....  I scrabbled around in the various junk repositories in our house for my wife's old HTC mobile phone, abandoned late last year after an upgrade.  Clearing everything off the phone, I downloaded FS Movmap and installed the server side program onto my PC.

It works just great, with no need for a sim card in the phone. It uses WiFi to communicate with the PC and provides me with a cockpit sized moving map without the hassle of using a bespoke setup and at zero cost. I will post a photo of it in action sometime.  

Hi John

I downloaded the same piece of software only this morning!

I really wanted to use Plan-G having seen it in action at the Flight Sim Show, Cosford the other week, but just couldn't get it working. Apparently it is due to my Triple Head To Go and the fact that to see an un stretched cockpit in full screen view, I cant use Plan-G  (unless anyone out there with the same set up can enlighten me).. :anyone:  The FSX GPS works on the 4th monitor but not Plan-G

I have FS MovMap running on my Samsung Galaxy Tab and it works pretty well. Easy to set up although I haven't tried loading flight plans in there yet. I did see a note about it working with my PMDG stuff so that should be really useful if it does support it.  I can set up a flight, leave it on autopilot, then pootle off downstairs to get a cuppa and take the tablet with me so I know how far I've gone. Priceless !

Happy Flying !

Steph