Getting re-paints on your AH planes

Feel bad for all my questions here :/

I now have the new twin otter extended and Cessna caravan in AH. I want to download a paint job (maybe a DHL one) so both my planes look the same.

Once I've downloaded the paint jobs how do I get that paint job into AH and then onto my two AH planes?

Thank you all for your help :)

Don't feel bad, we have all had these same questions. :)

I will defer to the experts on this but I guess you would either have to repaint the aircraft you are already using or create new versions and add them in AH through your Options/Manage Aircraft/Import Custom Aircraft settings.You would then have to sell what you have and then buy the new ones.

I would wait for the experts to answer this though.

Russ, easiest way to do this is as follows:

1. Identify the aircraft you are flying in AH, noting its texture name, if possible.

2. Duplicate this texture folder in the aircraft's folder and call the copy xxx.yyyy_original

3. You may now edit the textures in the AH aircraft's folder and AH/FSX will show the new textures on your chosen AH aircraft.

Note that the original aircraft's textures will be saved. This way, you don't have to modify the aircraft.cfg file, but it would be a good idea to edit the chosen texture folder's thumbnail image, otherwise it will remain the original aircraft and be confusing.

Cheers - Dai. :cool: