REX 4 Texture Direct SP3 Available!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM REX GAME STUDIOS 

Friday, August 15, 2014 

PHOENIX, AZ – REX GAME STUDIOS is pleased to announce the release of Service Pack 3 and Texture Update 1 for REX 4 Texture Direct. 

Service Pack 3 adds functionality for the user to backup and restore user-created texture themes. The purpose of this is to prevent the user from losing saved texture themes in case of reinstallation. Because REX Texture Direct is an ever-growing application, and to make the update process more simplified, Service Pack 3 has enabled the ability to automatically check for new and crucial updates during application startup. 

Texture Update 1 updates all cirrus cloud textures with exact color/alpha blending, ensuring proper luminance techniques within the simulator. Service Pack 3 is required for Texture Update 1 to be installed. 

Service Pack 3 and Texture Update 1 are automatically available through the REX 4 Texture Direct application via the built-in update feature. 

About REX 4 - Direct 

REX 4 Direct is a new breed of environment add-on applications from award-winning REX Game Studios. These apps are more powerful than before with an unprecedented amount of accuracy & realism! REX 4 Direct is compatible with Microsoft’s Flight Simulator X and Lockheed Martin’s Prepar3D version 1 and 2. 

See the difference that REX 4 Direct will bring to your flight simulator experience by visiting the dedicated website: http://www.REXDirectExperience.com 

I am more than a bit concerned about this update, firstly you download SP3 which upgrades the program to version 0812 then when you fire it up it says that you now have to download another to take it to version 0814 I said yes and my antivirus throws a raspberry at the file and deletes it saying it has reputation 1 inside it. I have now disabled my firewall and am downloading something purportedly from rex that is 1.6gb's in size!!!! and it says this is file 1 of 2

I am more than a bit aprehensive so if I go quiet for a day or two you know the reason why!

Hi Nigel,

No AV notices from my trust Eset Nod32. 

I didn't realise but I was on the first SP so when I clicked the check for updates button it took me to SP2 first, checked again and it took me to SP3, then it took me to the texture updates which was a 1.6GB download.

Everything went ok but buggered if I can see any differences!

Hi Nigel,

No AV notices from my trust Eset Nod32. 

I didn't realise but I was on the first SP so when I clicked the check for updates button it took me to SP2 first, checked again and it took me to SP3, then it took me to the texture updates which was a 1.6GB download.

Everything went ok but buggered if I can see any differences!

Hi Joe , well like you, thankfully  it worked ok also like you cant see any difference at all, am starting to get a bit disillusioned with REX , having  tried the demo from asn, especially as the new REX weather engine isnt due till the end of the year if not later.

ASN is my chosen weather engine then FS Global Real Weather but REX 4 is still my favourite for the textures and supports P3Dv2 which is my chosen flight sim implement of the moment  ;)

interesting! i will have to buy ASN, i also use fsgrw like you but as I use a ,lot of "tubeliners" I find FSX in DX10 far faster and much more stable than P3D , I only use P3D for slow and low stuff, hopefully by the time  P3D go 64 bit they will have sorted all the issues.