It looks good.  Having seen this element:

Missions - beyond cargo jobs and passenger flights, there are now missions which cover courier deliveries, private 'air taxi' shuttles, commodity supply, reconnaissance/photo missions and smuggling missions.

I have a few questions . Flying only military, can these missions be flown in isolation?  That is not part of a company.  I would want to use cash earned by the success of such missions to represent a measure of that success only.

Are there success/failure criteria built in to the program?

I would want to use the missions as follows;

private 'air taxi' shuttles- Troop movements

commodity supply - Aid drops

reconnaissance/photo missions - as is

smuggling missions - Covet Opps

If any knows anything more about this it would be good to know.

The missions can be flown in isolation, for the most part. You create your own personal company, which you could name as a squadron, if you wished to.

The measures of success are cash, reputation and an "Achievements" listing for certain things. You can use AH2 completely without any kind of collaboration with any other human players or entities such as VAs.

The nature of the air taxi flights, commodity deliveries, etc, may not be satisfyingly military since the origin, destination and number of pax, etc. are "offered" at random. You're not likely to get one from EGLL to Bagram.

Distances and loads are more or less tailored to the particular aircraft you have purchased/leased for your company, but there is a large element of randomness in almost everything AH2 offers to you.

John

John, I met Duncan at Cosford and he gave me a quick preview of AH-2 - very impressive and a huge increase in scope on AH-1. I particularly liked the options for pax and the aid projects, not to mention the possibilities for co-operative hauling (multi-player?). Also, Duncan showed the 'allowed touchdown area' facility, which would enable more helicopter 'hauling' - just the ticket.

Duncan reckoned Christmas was a possibility? Good luck with the beta testing!

Cheers - Dai. :old-git:

• Like 1