how do I select a quote for posting ?

Hi Patrico - using the 'Quote' function may depend on the browser you're using. I use Safari on my iPad and IE/Chrome on my PC.

You should find the 'Quote' option button at the lower right on every post in the forum. If you select this option, your browser should bring up a 'Reply' pop-up in which the currently selected post's text is contained within tabs (HTML-ish) like this:

blah blah blah ...

The post's originator will be named at the start of this text, I think.

All you need to do is to add your own comment below the quoted text. If you want to remove some of the quoted text, you may delete the relevant parts, but beware - you must take care not to remove any required formatting tags, as you may corrupt the original text presentation.

Remember, find the post you want to quote and hit - yep! - 'Quote'!

Hope that helps.

Cheers - Dai. :old-git:

Hi Patrico - using the 'Quote' function may depend on the browser you're using. I use Safari on my iPad and IE/Chrome on my PC.

You should find the 'Quote' option button at the lower right on every post in the forum. If you select this option, your browser should bring up a 'Reply' pop-up in which the currently selected post's text is contained within tabs (HTML-ish) like this:

blah blah blah ...

The post's originator will be named at the start of this text, I think.

All you need to do is to add your own comment below the quoted text. If you want to remove some of the quoted text, you may delete the relevant parts, but beware - you must take care not to remove any required formatting tags, as you may corrupt the original text presentation.

Remember, find the post you want to quote and hit - yep! - 'Quote'!

Hope that helps.

Cheers - Dai. :old-git:

thanks  Dai...............................problem solved