Flight Videos

I know how to start video recording whilst flying, I've seen it playback whilst the Sim is loaded, but where are the videos actually stored on the pc? I want to upload them to YouTube etc but cannot even find them anywhere. Can I access the Videos without having to load the sim from which they are taken? Help would be appreciated, thanks. :stars:

fsx videos cannot be seen unless you use a secondary product.

the best way to record videos is to use either fraps  which has a huge hit on FPS or better still use nvidia shadow play which is free if you use an nvidia graphics card and comes as part of the nvidia experience. with fraps you could be struggling to record at 30fps with shadow play i can recood at 75fps

I hope this helps

• Like 1

Al' - I use FRAPS and, as Nigel says, it can be a framerate hog. However, I use this a lot, too:

http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/

It's easy to use and the video footage is straightforward to edit with Windows Live Movie Maker, standard on W7/8, so I'd recommend you trying it. Good Luck!

Cheers - Dai. :old-git:

P.S. Don't forget to upload them!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just tried out the ScreenCast-O-Matic ...I had to upgrade to the Pro version (15 USD per year) to record system sounds...but not toooo expensive and it worked really well.

It has a 15FPS max rate... but replays very smooth, and I didn't notice any framerate hit while recording around the busy SF Bay area.

I like it so far...thanks for the suggestion folks!

• 9 months later...