An Idiot's Guide to Hacking Aircraft

@John. I totally see your point. But suffering an attack and then reacting to it isn’t much consolation to the victims families. 

I was predicting that, not advocating it.

John

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello fellow forum members. You don’t know me very well but I have hung around here for quite some time. Now we’ve read some posts recently regarding computer boffins claiming they have hacked into

I may have inadvertently given the impression that the hackers were some spotty 'script kiddies' messing around in their bedroom or someone like David in War Games When they are in fact highly respe

• 3 weeks later...

New info. Not sure how objective or credible the author of the article is, but if what he says is true, it's another indication that it's possible. If the guy really did what they claim he did, he needs to be in jail. NO ONE has the right to do what he did, however noble his objectives. He appears to be a genius and a looney at the same time, not unheard of.

http://aptn.ca/news/2015/05/15/hacker-told-f-b-made-plane-fly-sideways-cracking-entertainment-system/

John

really... were back on that? :)

its bs and hearsay; he can’t prove he did it,

and they can’t prove he did it, if they could; he'd already be behind bars!

a tampered box evidence proves nothing; or that he is the one who tampered with it to start with

Mr Roberts has tweeted that the FBI "incorrectly compressed" his research.

And he maintains that he carried out his work in the public interest.

"There's a whole five years of stuff that the affidavit incorrectly compressed into 1 paragraph... lots to untangle," he wrote.

Prof Alan Woodward from Surrey University told the BBC he found it "difficult to believe" a passenger could access and manipulate flight control systems from a plug socket on an aircraft seat.

"Flight systems are typically kept physically separate, as are any safety critical systems," he said.

"I can imagine only that someone has misunderstood something in the conversation between the researcher and the FBI, someone is exaggerating to make a point, or, it is actually possible and the aircraft manufacturers have some urgent work to do."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-32780513