FSX Scenery - Missing Land

Hi all,

I have just installed VFR GenX Scenery, but when I look at either the map or the GPS, the entire planet is under water! If. when looking at the map, I scroll down to a new area, the land is visible for a moment or two before the blue takes over. This just leaves the runways of the various airfields, seemingly floating on the surface of the sea. What can cause this and how do I correct it?

Try moving your GenX scenery library further down in your 'settings: scenery library list' - this fixed exactly the same problem I had.

Recommend you use your top down view of UK to confirm cure of problem in all areas, as gps view can be misleading.

Ray.

Hi Graeme and Welcome to the Hangar!

I've a nasty suspicion that your watery map/GPS view is a common problem with Gen-X scenery. It was there in 2007 when Gen-X was originally issued and, as far as I know, still is now. Unlike Gen-X, however, the late Earth Simulations version of North West Scotland doesn't suffer the same problem. Unfortunately, Darren and Vikki no longer produce their fabulous scenery.

Mind you, as an old git (Never! - Ed) I am prone to be wrong, as I'm sure I will be told by the experts!

Good to meet you! :thum:

Cheers - Dai. :old-git: