ORBX AND FSX STEAM

Ok guys...yesterday I got KORS from ORBX...looks fantastic in P3D will be a base for AH...however in FSXSE the grassed areas are about 20 ft higher than the tarmac...very weird...further investigation shows PNW and KORS not listed in scenery...nor anything regarding global or vector or hd trees...however they are in the sim...stumped i am... i have been checking for solutions... just glad I have P3D....

I could only find this in PNW all other areas I try seem ok....any thoughts please...trying to avoid full uninstal etc...

Wayne

yes Sabre run those, however I can remember now that during installation a small screen popped up sayin 'unable to find scenery.cfg'... however you press ok and another screen comes up saying 'installation complete'..... fired up sim and all the orbx things are there and the look of the sim is as you would expect after installing ORBX products.... KORS is installed just with weird high level grass banks.... when I go into scenery within the sim there are no ORBX products showing....they are in the main FSXSE directory though.....

all the same products are in P3D and everything is perfect and I dont get the 'cant find scenery.cfg'..... so I am guessing I need to uninstal ORBX from FSXSE and then find out why it cant locate it during install........

Wayne

no, disc got damaged and at the same time I needed to get a new HD, used a reg tool to clear out any FSX entries and followed instructions to do it manually.....Steam works fine for me with all addons functioning, this is only happening in PNW area, I am well baffeled, I have 3 drives now, SSD for OS, HD for games including all STEAM, and HD for P3D... maybe there is still a rogue entry in the registry.....

Ok on further investigation the folder that scenery.cfg is located is called fsx-se now I wonder if changing that to fsx would work or manually entering the orbx entries into it...would that bring them into the sim add scenery screen.... I assume the elevation is a conflict or because there is no entry then the order is incorrect...are the scenery config entrys for P3D the same? ...

Like I say apart from the elevation it all shows in sim....

right update... I have the orbx entries now in the scenery.cfg and this has made them show up now in scenery library within the sim, just loaded everything up and all is good..this time.....

now in P3D if you are lined up on runway 34, look left and everything drops away by about 20ft, not a hill you can taxi up or down just a drop.....

is their a particular order for things in the scenery library, entries for orbx are

ORBXLIBS

FTX GLOBAL AIRPORTS

FTX KORS

ORBX OPEN LC 1,10,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,

ORBX OPENLC NAMAERICA1

ORBX OPNLC BASE

ORBX VECTOR OBJ , APT, CVX, EXX

and 3 from bottom

ORBX VECTOR AEC

Obviously other stuff but these are the ORBX entries, wonder if one is wrong to make that drop...

Wayne

looking into the files the one called openlc namerica1 has PNW inside it...so it shows up just below europe...

maybe I am just going wrong in FTX Centralv2, it gives me 3 choices, global , noth america and europe.....hang on let me take a look....aha..

right now I understand why P3D was wonky, in FTX Central North America needed to be active......I am such a fool....at least I sorted the scenerycfg entries out in fsxse and I now understand how central works,

thanks for your input Graeme but it seems it was down to me all along......sorry to waste your time, now I have to go back to work instead of flying......

Wayne

• Like 1