Problem (and solution) loading third party apps in FSX

In case anyone else has run across this problem with FSX loading third party apps and does not know how to solve it, it is easy as there really is no problem.  It is just a timing issue.

Today I began to see these two errors pop-op and I had not installed or uninstalled any new software for FSX nor had I applied any updates for any of my FSX software. Here are the errors:

raas.jpgobjectflow.jpg

One is for RAAS professional which is an app from Aerosoft while the other is from ORBX. Both of these had been running without issue since they were installed. I was frustrated and about ready to start uninstalling software when luckily, I found the answer here: http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/default.aspx?pageid=help_and_trouble_shooting

Basically, it is an "infrequently occurring, but really annoying, bug in FSX's SimConnect module which can manifest itself as a failure to run FSX unless a newly installed module, such as FSUIPC4, is stopped."

The solution is to answer "Yes" to run the software and FSX may or may not then crash. If it does, try again. Keep answering 'Yes'. One of those times it will work, and then it will work forever after.

Full details on the cause of the error can be found at the link pasted above, but from what I have seen, it is not limited to RAAS, but can happen with other third party apps as well.

So far for me (fingers crossed), I kept restarting FSX and clicking yes and eventually the error stopped.

Hope this helps out anyone in need!

Hi all, I have been having problems with my FSX, it all started with a simular thing but with FSInn Copilot, which I uninstalled, then I only got the splash screen, I uninstalled FSX acceleration and reinstalled it, still only got splash screen then nothing, so I went to the uninstall screen and noticed I have 2 "Microsoft Flight Simulator SimConnect Client (v 10.0.62615.0 & 10.061259.0) is this normal or do I have to delete one.

Hi all, I tried the system Restore and found that only restore I have is 29/12015 when looked at the settings it says I have only 1% of saving, I think is wrong so I up it 33% and hope I will have more next time. But it looks as I might have to uninstall FSX competely and reinstall it again as it still only goes as far as the splash screen and stops.