FAA - Wings Awards

During the wet days, not that there were many, and dark winter evenings I decided to try some on line courses and exams with the Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association in America. This also kept me busy while the computer downloaded satellite images for the flight simulators photo real scenery.
First I tackled and achieved certificates of competence in various fields and levels with the AOPA. Then I went on to do an Aviation 101 course by the Embry-Riddle Auronautical University and was pleased to find it relatively easy with all the other course work I'd done previously. Cheered by this success I applied to the American FAA and completed more certificated courses before I went for my “Wings” accretitations.
The basic pilot course when completed gave me a Bronze award and the Silver covered the advanced level. The Gold Master pilot course and exam wasn’t quite as plain sailing but I did pass and to my utter delight received in the post actual tie pin metal “Wing Awards” as well as certificates to print out and add to the 40 others achieved over the winter months.

FAA%20WINGS_zpstspks4tr.jpg

Edited by IZ0JUB