Would you like another ATWC this winter?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like another ATWC this winter?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

I have an idea that might work and I might as well mention it here. How about a race? This would not be a race around the world, as that would involve close to thirty (or more) legs but something like the real-world WRC, with shorter timed stages. The stages could have some variety, with one or two endurance stages, some in the mountains and some flat-out sprints. Also, you pick your own aircraft (single engine turbo or piston prop). The timer from MERBAR could be used. It need not have the formality of MEBAR but could be a more informal, Hanger-only trial run of sorts, with each pilot's times posted in an individual 'race thread.'

An example of stage could be: Lugano to Sion (both in Switzerland). Takeoff from Lugano and fly to Sion via Ambri and Ulrichen with an 8000ft altitude restriction in effect from Lugano to Ulrichen, then 5000ft from Ulrichen to Sion. The pilot has to find their own route through the mountains.

Hi Marcel,

It all sounds good, we are going to be starting preliminary talks for the next challenge very soon, the MEBAR format attracts over 4 times the amount of entrants than ATWC so it will be biased towards that format.

We are taking in all the different scenarios our members are suggesting so please keep them coming.

Thanks

Joe

I personally don't mind, but would prefer the option of this :

You can time it if you want, and have that bit set up, but you can opt out of it if you're not that precise a flyer. I'd say this option might bring those who are just starting out in FS into the community

Just my thoughts

Kieran

the MEBAR format attracts over 4 times the amount of entrants than ATWC so it will be biased towards that format.

Wow. :icon_yikes:

MEBAR was brilliant, so more of that will be fantastic.