Nvidia power

Sorry not sure where to post this.

I came across this yesterday and gave it a try, it's not something I had heard of before but apparently when you update your Nvidia drivers the it puts your settings back to default.

Anyway the tip was right click on the screen and open Nvidia control panel

click manage 3D settings

click power management mode and change to 'PREFER MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE.'

So in XP10.50 I found that at an addon airport in and around the IXEG 737 I went from 25-30 fps to 35-40 fps. I chose addons that I knew the figures for, this is with real weather connector and Skymaxx Pro.

In P3Dv3 I loadded an addon area from ORBX, with Vector, Global, EU-LC and England, with ASN, REX and the Aerosoft A320....I usually lock fps to 30, the were doing 29.3 to 30fps...however once unlocked in various views internally and externally with sysems running it varied from 49-77fps.....very smooth too.

I had never heard of this and not sure if anyone else has tried it.

The guy who posted claimed his fps had tripled however I am not sure on that. I am always saying that smoothness is more important than fps but on some AC you really need a minimum to keep them running smooth so every little helps.....

let me know if you try and see if anyone else gets similar results....

Wayne

• Like 1

HI Wayne.

I knew of the issue but didn't know it could be changed from within Nvidia control panel.

I use Nvidia Inspector to manage various driver settings for my graphics card, some that can't even be adjusted in detail from the Nvidia control panel. It's a nice little freeware program where different settings can be set for different games/sims, available here. http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html The only downside is that one needs to reapply the profiles for each game when the drivers are updated. Thankfully I only use it for settings in FSX.

Not sure if it has support for X-plane and P3D though...