My new computer should be arriving sometime during the next few days, and I've (90%) decided to go with FSX:SE. I've been looking around, and it seems that the vast majority of aircraft and scenery add-ons work, albeit with a little tweak such as making sure the older versions of SimConnect are installed, and pointing the installer to the correct location.

I would like to know if there are any less well-known FSX:SE "gotchas" I should know about before I take the plunge. I don't fancy P3D for various reasons, and I'd rather not go back to FSX boxed, but forewarned is forearmed, and all that. In particular, I'd like to hear about any aircraft that definitely won't work with FSX:SE.

I'd also like to know if anyone has the Digital Aviation (Aerosoft) Piper Cheyenne working in FSX:SE. I saw one problem report but no solution mentioned, so I don't know if the problem was with how the user had installed it, or whether it was something more fundamental.

Thanks

Sounds like you have the basics down, most of the problems I have read about were based on them. Take your time and install things slowly, shutdown/restart the flight sim and even fly a bit between these installs so it will make it easier to zero in on any culprits that crop up. Good luck and happy flying.