EGTR - EGGD

I thought I would just try a quick flight in this lovely little AC trying XP11's ATC...it is a lot better than the last version and does give you time to actually do what it instructs, however like all ATC's in all sims it is far from perfect.....here are a few shot along the way....

parked at EGTR,I really dont like how they have done the grass on this addon...

EGTREGGD1.jpg

up and on our way...

EGTREGGD2.jpg

we're coming to get ya....

EGTREGGD3.jpg

Carenado closeup....

EGTREGGD4.jpg

heading toward a sinking sun, Filton just ahead....

EGTREGGD5.jpg

as you can see I am a little to high at this point and hand flew to land about halfaway down the runway, armed the approach way to late, busy eating some crisps...

EGTREGGD6.jpg

Xplane 11, Carenado AC....

• Like 1

Great shots - the last one made me chuckle a little, but that's the benefit of being in a tiny plane landing on a huge runway, you can dump it half way down if you like and it's much easier to go around and join circuit.

• Like 1

You'll have a hard job landing at Filton these days, they're building houses on it!  There's still a Concorde parked there, (now under cover) also the Police Helicopter operates from there.  My friends live only 1/4 mile from the  airfield and right under the flightpath. The husband used to work for Bristol Aerospace before it became part of Airbus.

9 hours ago, dodgy-alan said:

You'll have a hard job landing at Filton these days, they're building houses on it!  There's still a Concorde parked there, (now under cover) also the Police Helicopter operates from there.  My friends live only 1/4 mile from the  airfield and right under the flightpath. The husband used to work for Bristol Aerospace before it became part of Airbus.

you certailnly dont need to tell me about Filton Al, many years ago I used to be a courier and be in there everyday, I now work on one of the housing estates most fridays over looking filton...such a waste of a great place that the RAF used to use for touch n gos to test their equip, something to do with the direction of the runway...big holes all over the old runway now and all the land being sold off for new housing and industrial units...at last though Concorde kind of has a home......had a lot of friends over the years who have worked there, I live in another part of town but not far away...I remember seeing concorde come in and  wondering how the Guppy managed to fly with its weird shape.....Royal Mail built a big depot at one end, they wanted to utilise the runway but couldn't get permission to use it.......

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...