737 ng 600/700

hi everyone its me again with a problem.i love the 737 sims especially pilot in command.ordered the 737 ng 600/700 from amazon got it today,could`nt wait to load it.anyway went through all the set up procedure and it seemed to be loading ok,the damned thing is still loading but the bar is still in the same position.fs9 is installed and works great.my system is vista could this be the problem.i also use my computer as a stand alone for my sims never been on the internet.could this be the problem?been loading now for hours.please help an old man who is like a big kid.regards mick

Mick

I think vista is the problem. Try to run the executable installer with administrator rights.

Anyway, take a look at PMDG official forum (http://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/pages/forum.html), I'm sure there is the solution to your problem.

The bad news is that today the forum seems down for maintenance...

tried that no joy will have to wait till that website opens again,am very frustrated now as i was really looking forward to fly this sim.do you think i should be connected to the net while loading it by any chance.told my wife i bet it would load up no problem on this computer as it is windows xp.anywat thanks again.regards mick

PMDG forum is operative again.

I tried to find the solution to your problem, and I saw that every hint was related to vista administration privileges. 99% solved the problem simply this way.

Other had to disable the firewall and the antivirus.

Mick, try this, and if it doesn't work, reboot in safe mode and install again.

Let me know.

Ciao!

thanks rosariomanzo for your time,have tried to do what you said turned the firewall off after looking for it for ages,was1nt sure about the reboot.the problem i have got is i am not very good with these things,i am ok turning the computer on and off and putting the occasional disc in the drive.am just worried that i might do somthing wrong.will look through the forum you told me about,thanks very much again.mick