Being a newbie to the Hanger and a bit late to officially run the MEBAR, what sort of shannanegins can I expect on the upcoming Around The World Challenge? 

I've had a little read of the previous challenge and noticed that the last flight was online. Would love to join that but what FS would be required for that? 

BeeJay,

Apologies for the dot points but it is the easiest way to summarise the ATWC:

• circumnavigates the world;
  • broken into sectors, with a series of flight legs of varying distances per sector;
  • some legs have restrictions, typically aircraft type, by MTOW;
  • sectors are released in stages and pilots bid for a flight leg on a first come, first serve basis;
  • pilots fly the flight leg and submit a PIREP in the Forum as a pictorial;
  • the pictorial can follow an imaginary storyline, these are often the best type;
  • when a sector is complete, the next sector is released and bidding for the flight legs is opened;
  • we try and organise the final flight as a multi player session, normally scheduled for a Sunday morning, GMT/UTC;
  • for the multi player session, flight sim type is somewhat irrelevant, as there is a host application, JoinFS, which we use for the connection; and
  • JoinFS has been used by the MH Crew for multi player sessions using different MSFS and P3D versions.

Final planning is almost complete and more event specific details will be released in the coming weeks.

Cheers 

Andrew

• Like 3

Haha yea that's what I kind of expected from treading some of the posts in ATWC =) I'll have to think of what aircraft I want to get for P3D for that final as I'll probably be flying XP11 for my legs.