Saitek controllers

Hi everybody,

I have recently  moved from FSX SE to P3d v4 to take advantage  of their 64bit technology but now my Windows 10 or  my P3d v4  see's my Saitek x-52 controller and neither does  my

FSUIPC 5 which is a new 64 bit registered version. When I was using FSX SE I was using a Saitek Pro-Flight yoke which is now  defunct.  Should I invest In  SPAD. ?

This query is asked to the  best experts by far online 

thanks in  advance

Fintan

Hey Fintan,

Welcome aboard, you're just in time to sign up for the Around the World Challenge!  I've got all Saitek gear and use the latest drivers from Logitech (they bought Saitek) and works beautifully on P3D v4 and X-Plane (I'm also running Windows 10)

Flight Yoke (if you have it)

http://support.logitech.com/en_au/product/flight-sim-yoke-system/downloads

X-52 HOTAS

http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/x52-pro-space-flight-simulator-controller/downloads

• Like 1

If the suggested drivers above work, then leave it at that. SPAD.neXt should work, at a significant cost for driver software, and is especially necessary if you have any of the Saitek panels, i.e. radio panel, switch panel, multi panel, etc. I have older drivers than those suggested above and my Saitek Pro Flight Yoke and Throttle Quadrant work in P3Dv4, though I suspect I still might need SPAD.neXt for the various function buttons on the Throttle Quadrant, some testing I still need to do. SPAD.neXt comes with a 14 day free trial so you have at least try before you buy.

Cheers

Andrew

• Like 1

thanks for that Oz cannot  wait to try it. I am thinking ,,,,when I used t run FSX and then FSX SE  I used to use Saitek pro flight yoke and on occasion   the Saitek X- 52 which leaves me wondering if their will be  any old Saitek drivers ,lurking  around my computer

thanks

Fintan

• Like 1

Yea make sure you clean out any old drivers. They didn't label them obviously though so I think it was "smart technology software" or something like that. 

Clear that crap out, download and install the shiny new 64bit drivers =) and profit. Just got my Combat Flight Pedals today so looking forward to getting them home! 

• Like 1

If the suggested drivers above work, then leave it at that. SPAD.neXt should work, at a significant cost for driver software, and is especially necessary if you have any of the Saitek panels, i.e. radio panel, switch panel, multi panel, etc. I have older drivers than those suggested above and my Saitek Pro Flight Yoke and Throttle Quadrant work in P3Dv4, though I suspect I still might need SPAD.neXt for the various function buttons on the Throttle Quadrant, some testing I still need to do. SPAD.neXt comes with a 14 day free trial so you have at least try before you buy.

one question Andrew even I do not have any Saitek Panels will SPAD  just work with my HOTAS

thanks

Fintan

1 hour ago, FSX Mad said:

one question Andrew even I do not have any Saitek Panels will SPAD  just work with my HOTAS

thanks

Fintan

Fintan,

The SPAD.neXt web site states it supports the X.52 controller. I don't have the controller so I don't personally know. That is the purpose and benefit of the 14 day free trial with the SPAD.neXt software...try before you buy.

On 25/07/2017 at 16:10, wain said:

when google searching please remember SPAD and SPADNEXT are 2 different things, SPAD does just radio, multi and switch.....SPADNEXT does everything....

Every day's a school day.. never too old, or too wise to learn something new, in my book :thum:

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

just thought I would BUMP this with an update.....

I have bought SPADNEXT , £27 for use with FS9/FSX/FSXSE/FSW/P3Dv1-4/ETS2/ATS, also available for XP to....I was a little unsure at first because it looks abit complicated to set up but if you follow the instruction in the manual it is quite straight forward. It works on a 'profiles' basis where via an in app button you can download profiles for all mannner of aircraft, then follow the instructions to link them to your relevent sim(s), you can also create your own.

I have so far used it with A2A, Carenado and default, but there are profiles for Aerosft, PMDG, iFLY and many others. No issues and all the panels were working correct, you have to ensure you set microsoft NOT to turn power off to save energy, but I guess most of us have done that anyway.

I went down this route as SPAD was not working with 64bit P3D4 but now I have heard there is a .exe update. The advantage here is it being updated and developed and once you work it out it's quite easy. Forum is also helpful.

I know you can download and try for 14 days evalution so it's good to have that just in case you can't get yor head around it....

Just though I would put it out there in caseanyone is unsure....

Wayne

Edited by wain
pressed submit to early, again....duh....miens the hat with the big 'D'...