Nothing to do with eggs in the freezer....

When I start up FSX and load  a plane all seems OK, but as soon as I have engines running the yoke freezes on me and I cannot get any response. I have checked calibration, basic stuff, and I get that it's connected and works alright, back I go to load a plane and it responds fine, engines start..it freezes.

I haven't made any additions to FSX lately and the only things recently added are P3Dv4 and XP11. But as they aren't associated with FSX running it can't be that.

Any suggestions short of uninstalling and reinstalling the entire program?

cheers.

Hi Lucy,

Have you tried plugging it into a different usb port?

This works for me most of the time.

I'm also using FSUIPC which I calibrate my yoke with.

Hope this helps.

Brian

1 minute ago, needles said:

Have you tried plugging it into a different usb port?

Hi Brian and thanks for the reply, yes I have. Trying a different port comes straight after the 'turn it off and back on again' option. I have tried XP11 and P3D for prolonged periods and the yoke runs fine. If it wasn't for FSX having my Majestic Dash 8 I probably wouldn't care so much.

• Like 1

Took me ages to mess around but I think it's the GSX addon. Initially I assumed it was my computer playing up, but then I had the same problem when I got my new one recently. Random freezing of controls on the ground or in the air. I have left GSX uninstalled this last couple of days and it all seems good.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Bumblebee said:

Took me ages to mess around but I think it's the GSX addon. Initially I assumed it was my computer playing up, but then I had the same problem when I got my new one recently. Random freezing of controls on the ground or in the air. I have left GSX uninstalled this last couple of days and it all seems good.

How strange! Glad you have it sorted though. Cheers Lucy.