thrustmaster T1600M is what I have and is very good, about £40, and in case you are short on space an XBOX 360 controller works well to, use one when I am testing stuff.....I wait the ton of abuse I am likely to get now for saying that...

Wayne

The Logitech Extreme 3D Pro has been around a long time and is still available on Amazon for about $22.  It has a twist grip axis (for rudder) and a throttle as well as the typical X and Y axes and has a bunch of programmable buttons.  The base is weighted to keep it from moving around if you get violent with it.  I use it sometimes at flight sim club meetings as an alternative to hauling yoke, pedals and such.  It's a good beginner's joystick.

John

I've got to agree with @allardjd on the Extreme 3D by Logitech.

I've used it for years while on my boat due to lack of space for other controls. The only difficulty I ever had with it was the need to cross my left hand over my body to get at the little paddle on the base which I mapped for throttle. The trigger works great for linked braking and there's enough buttons and switches to map for most other cockpit switchable needs. Besides the paddle there are four buttons on top of the stick around the top-hat switch, a single push-button on the side of the stick and six buttons on the left side of the base.

I'll mention that all of the functions were mapped using the paid version of FSUIPC although the sticks' native drivers were good and it worked fine under FSX with the stock control mapping. That's more than can be said for the horrid drivers put out by Saitek which are best banished from your PC or laptop forever.

On my PC, I use Saitek's Pro-Flite Yoke, Throttle Quadrant and trim wheel with CH Pro Pedals. I have been playing with the idea of taking the Extreme 3D apart and re-purposing it as a steering tiller for my Dash 8 and Boeings. The jury is out on the CH pedals - I've never been able to satisfactorily map the brakes on that platform.

I'm enough of a sim nut to have traveled with a laptop and a Logitech F310 Gaming Pad while on vacation with the wife - that keeps your hand in and keeps you current on AirHauler.

I found this a while back and bookmarked it for future consideration: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/3drudder-foot-controller-for-pc-black-red/6121408.p?skuId=6121408 . Bookmarking is as far as I've gotten with it.

Have fun,

March