Bigger aircraft are coming to Inverness.

Hoorah, 737s are set to arrive at EGPE - Inverness.

Great news for the area as due to a surge in popularity KLM will operate from a bigger 'Boeing 737' aircraft this summer to keep up with the demand.  

The Amsterdam air link brings people from all over the globe to the the Highlands and is a welcome boost to the local economy.  

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/News/Extra-summer-flights-to-give-economy-a-lift-16012018.htm

6 hours ago, Andrew Godden said:

So I guess this means you can get to the flight sim show at Lelystad more easily. :D

Yeah, that would be good to do again. It means we could travel in greater style.

6 hours ago, allardjd said:

How long can it be before we have a photo of you staring through the airport fence.  I've been known to do that a time or three.

John

I might just do that John. :P

38 minutes ago, needles said:

I might just do that John. :P

6 hours ago, allardjd said:

How long can it be before we have a photo of you staring through the airport fence.  I've been known to do that a time or three.

John

Yeah, looking like the forlorn puppy in the window with his sad face, droopy ears, and sloppering, moist tongue hanging out. :rofl:

• Haha 1
57 minutes ago, Andrew Godden said:

Yeah, looking like the forlorn puppy in the window with his sad face, droopy ears, and sloppering, moist tongue hanging out. :rofl:

And your point is Andy?:P

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/01/2018 at 03:48, allardjd said:

John

Do that at Heathrow these days and the boys in blue will desend  upon you faster than you can say "Stinger".

I've had that happen to me at Ocala, not by the police but by the local FBO manager who wanted to know why I was taking pictures of all the buildings.  Those photos were for use by Dree to make his Ocala airport scenery, which I explained to her, carefully avoiding the fact that said developer was in a foreign country.  I don't think she was really too happy with the answer, perhaps hoping for an "Alahu Akbar" so she could be a heroine and call the gendarmes, but she grunted and returned to whatever she was doing and left me alone.  I hope I spoiled her day.

I've also been told that many of the bizjet passengers who transit through here (and who probably have a higher opinion of their importance than I do) aren't too keen on cameras at the fence line and expect the FBO to discourage that as much as legally possible and maybe a little more.  It would probably burst their bubble to know we're interested in photographing the aircraft, not them.

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1