UT2 will not work with FSX Steam Edition.. blast it!

Hiya

SInce moving across to FSX Steam, I am starting to find software that just will not play nicely with Steam Edition..

Has anyone with FSX:SE and UT2 come across this error as soon as they launch it?

Program Error
Error loading aircraft assignments
Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling without luck.

I have .NET version 4.7.2 so I'm well up to date on that version.

I have spent hours looking on the internet and on this site for the same issue, but only came across slightly different error message, or in some cases, the same question, but no answer..

Judging by the lack of responses on the Flight 1/UT2 site, i'll be drawing my pension before I get a reply!

Anyone got any ideas??

Cheers
Steph

Hi Joe

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Funnily enough, i'd tried to download 3.5 a week ago but was unable to re-set the Windows Features page to allow it to install..

Not sure what happened, but I just tried it again today, and for some reason, it allowed me to change the settings and UT2 now works!

:thumbup:  

For the benefit of anyone else that gets this problem in future, this is what I did to fix the error message:

From the Windows Control Panel, select the Programs and Features, then Turn Windows Features on or off

My Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 was not ticked. I clicked the + to open the options and ticked both.

Re-launching UT2 I no longer get the error.