Hi all,

well guys and gals it’s that time of the year yet again....i’ve Got a problem loading the fights into P3D v4.  The latest update doesn’t have any default Beechcraft aircraft....consequently the MEBAR legs will not load into the sim;  any suggestions....help please time is catching me out...help...

best

steve  

Hey Steve,

You should be able to change the aircraft, but we did have another piolt with a similar problem.

Try downloading the attached replacement .flt files which have the Piper Cub set as the default, that should get you to the place where you change it to your desired aircraft.

Cheers,

Joe
On behalf of the Rally Committee

MEBAR 2019 - Flight- Replacement set.zip

@Steve, also read below what we sent the other pilot, it may help?

Further to Joe’s emails, let my explain and offer another possible solution. I also get the “Vehicle initialisation has failed...” message and I created the files. LOL. Let me start with something really obvious, but I have to mention it. When the flight situation file loads, the flight sim is paused, so you have to press the P key to unpause the sim.

The alternative solution is, from the flight creation screen, load your chosen aircraft and set it at any airport and start the sim so you have your aircraft sitting on a runway. Then press the ALT key to bring up the Menu Bar, select Scenario, and the Load from the drop down, and load the MEBAR light Leg situation file from there. This will now load the chosen MEBAR Flight Leg with your aircraft positioned accordingly.

The vehicle initialisation issue relates to which Carenado version of the A36 Bonanza 60th Anniversary Edition you have installed. I created the flight situation files using P3D Ver 3. On my actual flight sim computer, I have P3D Ver 4.4 and I removed the default P3D supplied Carenado A36 and reinstalled the A36 Bonanza from the installation file I purchased from Carenado. There is a subtle naming difference to differentiate the two and this creates the vehicle initialisation error because it is looking for the default P3D Carenado A36. The vehicle visualisation mode shouldn’t cause the freezing problem as I have been loading the flight situation files for weeks now without any problems, so there must be something else happening there, unless the flight sim is still paused.

Anyway, hopefully the replacement files Joe sent provide the solution or my suggestion at paragraph two should solve the problem if you are still having problems.

Regards

Andrew Godden

Thanks for the help guys,  it seems LM have removed all Beechcraft aircraft from P3D...some sort of legal argument.....anyway loading my selected aircraft etc works, though I still get the nag box ‘vehicle initialisation’.  I’ve not tried the replacement files as yet  .Once again many thanks...this one will be close this year....I’ve not completed leg one yet.  

Best

steve

2 hours ago, steveP said:

Thanks for the help guys,  it seems LM have removed all Beechcraft aircraft from P3D...some sort of legal argument.....anyway loading my selected aircraft etc works, though I still get the nag box ‘vehicle initialisation’.  I’ve not tried the replacement files as yet  .Once again many thanks...this one will be close this year....I’ve not completed leg one yet.  

Best

steve

Steve, don't worry we are very lenient / flexible with PIREPS :)