Save the Red Arrows

This is for real..

If you went to an airshow and the Reds were not there you'd be pretty p*ss*d off wouldn't you?

These chaps are the best in the business, period. They promote British interests abroad and help demonstrate both British skill and technology to the world. It is the one field where we are truly world class!

The Government are debating whether or not to cut funding, to any sane person this should be a "no brainer" but alas it is another way for Mr Brown to fill his purse.

Please show your support by signing the petition here-

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/SaveTheReds

You know it makes sense :mrhappy:

• 1 month later...

I thought I would share the reply back from number 10 about the funding of the Red Arrows..............

Thank you for signing the petition on the No.10 website calling for the maintenance of the Red Arrows. It is a sign of the place they hold in the national affections that so many people have joined you in signing it - one of the highest numbers since the e-petition service began. That's why I wanted to reply personally. It's also why I am replying before the petition officially closes, in order to reassure people who are clearly concerned.

I am pleased to be able to give you good news. There are no plans to change the funding for the Red Arrows, let alone to disband them.

It is important, of course, that the MOD looks at the full range of its spending plans as part of its routine financial planning, to ensure that taxpayers' money is spent where our Armed Forces most need it. Obviously it is this review which prompted fears that the Red Arrows might be scrapped.

However, like you, the Government recognises just what an important role the Red Arrows play in our national life. As the world's premier aerobatic team, they have thrilled millions of spectators over many years. I was lucky enough to see their extraordinary skills myself only last year at the Farnborough Air Show.

More importantly, the Red Arrows have maintained public support for the Royal Air Force, encouraged recruitment, acted as ambassadors for Britain in the world and promoted British industry for many years. So I am pleased to assure you that this government fully intends to keep the Red Arrows flying.

Thank you for signing this petition, and I hope you get a chance to see the Red Arrows yourself soon.

Yours sincerely,

Tony Blair

Good news Mut, it would have been a bit bonkers to dispense with such a legendary display team. I haven't been to an air show in a very long time, thanks to my dodgy back, I cant sit down for a long time. The last time was Fairford I believe, it was quite a drive, Michele wanted a wee and we were stuck in a traffic jam, poor old Martin's bladder was fit to burst also. I'm telling you, she was in that much pain she was crying her eyes out.

You could say, that it was the first time she actually ‘wanted’ me to take the piss. :roll: