Rotterdam - Mutley Field

I had some spare time this afternoon so fired up FS9 and took the VLJ for a spin. It's been a long time since i've flown this plane and it was a lot of fun!

Loading up

6-6.jpg

Departing and climbing to our initial altitude of 6,000FT

8-5.jpg

Turning towards the coast and back towards England. Our route today will take is along the coast of Holland and France before crossing the English Channel and heading down the southern coast of England

9-5.jpg

Climbing up to FL160

144.jpg

Cruising along at 280kts

1-8.jpg

The sea looks nice and calm

2-5.jpg

Nice fluffy clouds just below us

3-5.jpg

New water textures look nice

4-6.jpg

Time for the sunglasses maybe?

5-6.jpg

Oh look, lovely England with it's gloomy weather! I think it might get bumpy passing through that lot

6-8.jpg

Bracing ourselves for the bumpy descent

7-5.jpg

Through the clouds and passing over Shoreham

8-6.jpg

Descending down to 2,500ft to capture the ILS for rwy20

9-6.jpg

10-5.jpg

Overflying some houses as we move inland, someone got this shot through their loft window

11-5.jpg

Starting to deploy the flaps as we approach the localiser

12-6.jpg

Gear down, flaps down and cleared to land

13-7.jpg

A little hard, but I think we can make an exception as it's been so long since i've flown her

14-5.jpg

Mutley himself is up there somewhere...

15-7.jpg

...After the flight he sent me this picture he took on his phone as I was parking up

16-8.jpg

Getting ready for the next flight

17-8.jpg

You must be all flown out today Rob what with the ATWC flight too :thum:

A very nice flight, pictures and commentary, I particularly liked the reg on the aircraft :thum:

One question, why no Mutley Field scenery? :good:

Cheers

Whats the VLJ like to fly?

Not too bad. it's a little twitchy and the engines are waaaay too powerful. Coming in to land on an ILS is a bit dodgy because the autopilot finds it difficult to maintain the speed. Even in manual mode the slightest increase in throttle causes the speed to increase rapidly. It is near on impossible to land using the 2D cockpit though, so it's best flying from the fps hungry VC (i'm not making it sound very good am I!). Other than those small problems it's a very good aircraft.

One question, why no Mutley Field scenery?

I thought I had it already installed until I touched down!

And yes, I'm all flown out today! 1 ATWC flight, 1 review, this flight and then an AirHauler flight also! That said, it's been a great day's simming