I Hope This Makes You Angry

It made me angry...

Free speech is a two-edged sword. This is the other edge.

John

"Muslim Preacher Mocks Fallen British Soldiers After Homecoming Parade Protest

Muslim war protesters disrupted a homecoming parade for British troops Tuesday, with one preacher praising the disruption and branding the homecoming a "vile parade" of "brutal murderers" whom he likened to Nazis, the Daily Mail reported."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,508686,00.html

Hi John,

Yes it does make me angry, but what makes me more angry is our limp wristed government who let this thing go on unchecked.

I feel sorry for the families of the soldiers.

This sure does make me angry!

The lads that risk their lives everyday having their homecoming welcome destroyed by some arse is sure something no one will like! What do they expect when they live in the country where the soliders have flew out from???!!!!

O.K. - bear with me because I don't feel angry - rather I feel very sad. Why, because the returning troops are not the target of the protesters. It's UK Government policy that has put the troops in Afghanistan and Iraq and that is what the protest is about, not the troops themselves.

So, what do you say? We live in a reasonably free world, governed by democratically elected parliaments of various hues. We need to see behind the headlines and understand the agendas of the media businesses that furnish us with the news. Their profitability is predicated on advertising revenue and the more papers they sell, the happier their customers will be. So this sort of story is "good" and the more controversy it generates, the better.

Again, please don't think that I condone the views of the protesters in respect of the troops - I don't. I just don't get hood-winked by the media any more.

End of lecture, guys - thanks for listening!

Cheers - Dai.