New review on Mutley's - Dree's Ocala international KOCF

The second of our SimMarket double header is Dree's Ocala International Airport - Jim Taylor Field KOCF

Now I am not saying there is any favouritism here but KOCF just happens to be John Allard's local airport :bowdown:

What does John think of it? Go to the review by clicking on the picture.

dreebanner.jpg

Great review John!

An excellent first scenery review John!

I like it when you can see how things have developed right from the early stages, it just shows how much time and effort has to go into creating something which is priced so reasonably

Rob,

After having been through this experience with Dree, I have a whole new appreciation for airport design and the amount of work required to get it right. If the designer is not physically near the airport so that he has access to it, or does not have "boots on the ground" as we provided for Dree on this one, I just don't see how it's possible to do it accurately.

Other than providing the overall layout, Google Earth was not that much help and the photo there was over two years old. Several structures and some taxiway changes had been done in the interim since the satellite photo was taken. It was a good tool, but not enough to do a high-quality job without also having literally 150+ annotated photos taken at ground level to get the details right - and this for what is only a medium-sized airport. I can't imagine what it would take to do an O'Hare.

Thanks for the comments...

John