Hey :gtfl:

I was wondering if it was possible to 'lock' frame rates in FSX. I have seen in the Display/Grahpics tab on settings a "Target Frame rate" slider. It seems to me to make most sense for the target for frame rates to be at unlimited. However, with the target set to unlimited, I sometimes have a stuttering problem which is caused (I think) by the rapid changing in fps. At one point, it may be at 30, then the next it's at 60, then 15 etc. To avoid this stuttering, I'd like my frames to stay at a constant speed (30, for example). This can be done by setting the target frame rate to 30. However, in some built up urban and highly detailed areas, the slider seems to limit the frames, and setting unlimited in these areas gives the system some relief. For example, in an urban area, the system may achieve 15 fps with a target of 30, but then jump up to 30 as soon as the slider is targeted at unlimited.

I was wondering if there is some sort of tool that allows FSX to be locked at a certain frame rate (like 30), so that this stuttering can be avoided. And also something that will allow the frames to be achieveing max potential, so even if the system cannot achieve 30 in a certain area, frames will still be at maximum possible (like 20 or 25) and not be limited by the slider not being set to unlimited.

Slightly complicated situation to explain, but hopefully you understand what I'm talking about!

Cheers,

Hi George,

I use the FPS limiter program for the very reason you need to.

My set up is running FSX at 400+ frames one minute and 50 so the next so causing stuttering.

The thing to do is download FPS limiter here

http://rs404.rapidshare.com/files/205205148/FPS_Limiter_0.2.rar you need java installed to run the set up program where you set your desired FPS. Then you run FSX from a shortcut it creates.

You set the FPS to unlimited in FSX, It solved all my problems :biggrin:

Cheers

Thank you both for your replies.

Hi George,

I use the FPS limiter program for the very reason you need to.

My set up is running FSX at 400+ frames one minute and 50 so the next so causing stuttering.

The thing to do is download FPS limiter here

http://rs404.rapidshare.com/files/205205148/FPS_Limiter_0.2.rar you need java installed to run the set up program where you set your desired FPS. Then you run FSX from a shortcut it creates.

You set the FPS to unlimited in FSX, It solved all my problems :ok:

Cheers

That is exactly what I need - thanks very much, Joe. :biggrin:

Cheers,

George