For those of you that love the Flight1 ATR as much as I do, you may be interested to know that the update for FSX is to be released any day now.

Apparently Hans has done all the work and it's ready to go.

Frame rate should be very good, while Hans was waiting for the SP1 release; he spent the time re doing the gauges for better performance in FSX.

Hello Mart,

Thanks for the HU.

I don't have the F1 ATR but could well be looking at it now. I take it this is just an upgrade to the FS2004 rather than a new product?

That’s right Mut, just a patch for FSX.

If you don't have it I strongly recommend you give it a bash, in my opinion it's the best turbo prop if not the best add-on out there, I just love it.

It was made in conjunction with ATR, so everything had to be double-checked and signed off by ATR before it was allowed in the product. The flight dynamics and operation are superb.

It even has the unique ATR 'hotel mode' the ATR uses one engine on, with prop disengaged, (not spinning) as an alternative to a APU.

Dynamics are great; you can land this thing beautifully, hovering just a few inches above the runway before gently planting her down.

The thrust sytem is spot on to the real aircraft, there are fixed power modes that you select on the power management knob on the instrument panel, you then engage the levers in the detent and off you go, manual thrust as well of course, it's kind of a semi-automatic thrust management.

Gets the MartinW seal of approval for sure, and you know how fussy I am.

When I have the update I'll post a few screen shots to give you an idea.