SlimAir Logistics Hardware Upgrade

Hi Guys,

:thumbup:

Tonight I found a slight issue with my new pc, which I think is to do with Windows 7 (possibly). Basically I had to pop off to do something, so I thought I would just pop it into Hibernate and resume later. However everything didn't go to plan. It hibernated fine, but when it came to waking it up there was nothing. I tried the power button, mouse keyboard, even put them in the PS2 slots to try and still wouldn't boot. Turned of at the mains and back on, still nothing...

Now I was getting really worried, in the end I had to leave it turned off for about 20 minutes at the mains before it rebooted.

I wondered if anyone has had similar problems with Vista or Windows 7 and if they know what causes it and how to stop it happening again. I will shut down normally from now on, but it is a little bit annoying to know it does happen.

Hi Phil,

I use hibernate on my laptop and it works ok, it fires up in about 10 seconds. My FS PC is always shutdown however to ensure an optimal system for simming.

If it took 20 minutes to reactivate that sounds like a thermal reset problem? I guess your techies at work would have a good idea.

Cheers

Hi Phil,

I use hibernate on my laptop and it works ok, it fires up in about 10 seconds. My FS PC is always shutdown however to ensure an optimal system for simming.

If it took 20 minutes to reactivate that sounds like a thermal reset problem? I guess your techies at work would have a good idea.

Cheers

Hi Mutley,

I'm wondering if I need to enable something in BIOS or perhaps it may be because this case doesn't have a reset switch which I thought was odd when I put it all together.

I'm back at work today so will ask one of the technical support guys, as you say they should have a good idea and they are the only ones running Windows 7 at work so far and have been since RC.

• 3 weeks later...