Fraps question + Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Hi guys,

I was wondering if fraps was the best video capturing software. Now that I have the means to upload HD vids to youtube, I wanted to start making some HD FS vids, but obviously I need to purchase a video capturing software. I have always used fraps before, and the free download version records in excellent frames on my new PC - so to me that seems like the best option. Is that what most other people use (who record in-game videos)?

Here's a video I made just the other day, and fraps seems to take really nice screenshots too. (sorry for it not being FS related, but I wanted to take some Oblivion screens anyway!)

[ythd]f0u37FQiMgI[/ythd]

Any ideas comments/feedback about fraps is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

George

Hi George,

FRAPS is still the best to use and is worth getting the registered version, you get free updates and unlimited recording time.

There was supposed to be a new kid on the block called Captigame but was in beta for ages and I notice today their web site has now disappeared.

If you should ever come across a better alternative to FRAPS I would be interested. I find FRAPS to be very FPS hungry. A good tip is if you have more than one HD set the record path of FRAPS to a different drive than your FS is in, it helps a bit!

Love your shots by the way

Cheers

Joe