I finally took the plunge today and bought UT2 (courtesy of some refunded money from a bad ebay deal!)

I loaded up and the traffic is there etc... but when I switch to spot view, even at an airstrip where there is no traffic, my FPS plunge down to around 5 or 6. The only thing different since the flight I did this afternoon, whch was fine, is that I have installed UT2

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

I tried it in Scotland and Australia.

I'm doing a full de-frag at the moment to see if that helps

Typical, it shouldn't have any impact on the FPS, as it doesn't use a bgl file, it pumps the traffic in via Simconnect as far as I am aware.

Full degrag did the trick, or it appears to have done.

For some reason all the UT2 files had been moved to the inner tracks, according to ultimate defrag. Put them on the outside tracks with FSX and things look ok now

Right, after some more testing I think that part of the problem is that UT is injecting some of the default flyable aircraft into FS as AI traffic. Is there a way to turn this off so that it just uses the AI only aircraft. I had a look around the UT2 tool and couldn't see anything

Right, after some more testing I think that part of the problem is that UT is injecting some of the default flyable aircraft into FS as AI traffic. Is there a way to turn this off so that it just uses the AI only aircraft. I had a look around the UT2 tool and couldn't see anything

I thought you had to convert the flyable into AI in order for it to be used as traffic? admittedly I need TRTFM before qualifying this.

Joe

Bizzare, my version has a different layout to the one in the manual. Some random ticking of boxes seems to have solved the problem. 100% GA and Commercal traffic at EGHI is giving 50+fps, although that is with me in the default c172

• 3 months later...

Just following this up

I'm working on a review for Audio Environment at the moment so am spending a lot of time parked up at the active. I just noticed that an Ai Maule Orion landed, and rather than taxi normally, it was S-Taxing!