Hunter Pilots Reunion...

Hi Peter,

I spotted you in one of those shots, did you ever fly the Hunter?

A very enjoyable slide show of shots of just the thing I enjoy. I have yet to make it to Old Warden but it is on my to do list!

These shots, especially the Home Guard remind me of a couple of great shows at Shoreham.

Thanks for posting, much appreciated.

Joe

Hi Peter,

I spotted you in one of those shots, did you ever fly the Hunter?

A very enjoyable slide show of shots of just the thing I enjoy. I have yet to make it to Old Warden but it is on my to do list!

These shots, especially the Home Guard remind me of a couple of great shows at Shoreham.

Thanks for posting, much appreciated.

Glad you enjoyed it Joe :thanks:

My Avatar is from a press photo of me standing beside my Hunter "Echo" XE609...I was on 208 Squadron in Nairobi from 1959 to 1961:-

petermcleland.jpg

My avatar was taken the day we got this picture over Kilimajaro:-

kilimanjarohunters.jpg

However, I was not flying Echo that day as it was u/s...I'm flying "Lima" XE544 in the "box".

myhunter9.jpg

This is "Echo".

Hi Peter,

Did you always fly number 4 position in the box, the most challenging I would imagine, especially inverted? I had a good look at your site and saw you in that position in in the Vampire (or is it a Venom?)

I am very impressed with your "Green Endorsement" and your commendation in the Queens Birthday Honours List, you have a very entertaining and enjoyable site. Wonderful memories.

Joe

Hi Peter,

Did you always fly number 4 position in the box, the most challenging I would imagine, especially inverted? I had a good look at your site and saw you in that position in in the Vampire (or is it a Venom?)

I am very impressed with your "Green Endorsement" and your commendation in the Queens Birthday Honours List, you have a very entertaining and enjoyable site. Wonderful memories.

Joe,

Thanks for visiting my site...Have not yet got around to my Hunter time there :thanks:

I found the most challenging position was number three...I always found it awkward looking hard right away from my throttle hand. I flew in aerobatic teams for a total of nearly seven years...Four in 2nd ATAF Germany in Venoms and nearly three in Kenya in Venoms and Hunters. I also did the Solo aerobatic displays in Kenya.

Number four in the box was probably the easyest to fly normally but was more difficult when formation changes were involved.